Poll: How often do you change strings?
Poll Options
View poll results: How often do you change strings?
Weekly
1 3%
Every month
11 35%
Two months
3 10%
Three months
5 16%
Six months
4 13%
Not until I need a tetnus shot
1 3%
Other
6 19%
Voters: 31.
I'm curious, as I don't have a set rotation, but right now 3 months seems to be average for me.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Probably about every month or so
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
When they break. Fuck knows how anyone can keep the same strings on there for more than a month or two.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Depends on the guitar for me. I have a few that I leave the same strings on for quite some time because I don't play them a lot. It's not that I don't restring them because the strings stay good, it's more than I rarely want to play them and if I do, I just change the strings if needed.

For the guitars I play a lot, I'd say every 3 months. I keep them clean and they're Elixirs, though, which tend to last longer than Ernie Balls for instance.
I shoot for every month at the latest. Sometimes weekly if I get bored and want to try other strings.

The La Bella hrs strings on my jackson are lasting quite some time though.
Depends on how often I play the guitar. If I'm just playing at home, then once every 6 months. If I'm gigging out with the guitar then after every 2 shows.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by K33nbl4d3
When they break. Fuck knows how anyone can keep the same strings on there for more than a month or two.

some of us are lazy and don't break strings
Quote by monwobobbo
Yeah, the second part. Explain that one please
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by monwobobbo
I am very heavy handed and don't break strings. Even when using jazz III picks for full chord wall of sound metal.
^not that easy to break strings playing metal, it's more about speed and precision rather than the dramatic bends overall. I only ever break strings playing classic rock or blues, unless it's the infamous D-string unwind grrr... Fellow metalhead here, YMMV

I change my strings once a month unless they start to feel dull. Just like tubes, it depends on how much you play - for me, that means that strings last me 50 - 60 hours worth's of play on average.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Quote by 2Crosser
^not that easy to break strings playing metal, it's more about speed and precision rather than the dramatic bends overall. I only ever break strings playing classic rock or blues, unless it's the infamous D-string unwind grrr... Fellow metalhead here, YMMV

I change my strings once a month unless they start to feel dull. Just like tubes, it depends on how much you play - for me, that means that strings last me 50 - 60 hours worth's of play on average.
haha. I go ham playing black metal. Slamming the strings. But I rarely bend.
Probably average 20 hours a month play and would change every 6 months, maybe longer. I clean and use fast fret religiously as well as only using coated elixir strings so seem to get decent mileage before they dull.
I usually change them every month, two months max. To be honest though, even though I practice for at least an hour a day I don't really notice the strings wearing away too badly. Before I got back into guitar seriously last year my acoustic had had the same set of strings on it for over 10 years, they still sounded great. They were really grimy though.

My electrics I baby them a lot more since I play them almost exclusively and really enjoy my flying V. I actually did a thorough cleaning of my V cause it's been about 6 months and had to oil the fretboard when I tried to restring it I snapped two high E strings and had to go to guitar center to get another set. Now I have a bunch of spares I don't know what to do with.
It depends but if I'm using a single guitar than generally bout 3 weeks optimally. After that they start to sound like fresh elixirs, which is passable if I'm lazy or broke but I prefer the sizzle and pop of day old EBs or D'Ds.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I have a lot of guitars I rotate through, and I don't gig, so it usually ends up being close to the six month mark when I've got enough wear on any one of them to change strings. Acoustics a bit more often, because I notice a lot more difference when those are dull. (Then there's the guitar I use for bowing, the strings are caked with rosin and I'm probably not going to change them until one breaks. I like a duller, darker sound from that one anyway.)
I change the whole set when I break a string. I use Elixirs and they do dull a little over time, tonally, but they don't ever seem to get rough and corroded, or completely dead sounding, the intonation never seems to go flat, so... yeah. I change a whole set, when one breaks, simply because I don't like having inconsistent amounts of wear on my strings. (also it allows me to clean the fingerboard). I don't change my strings very often because I don't need to.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
My two main guitars get new strings every two weeks. The rest get changed when I feel they need it.
My main fiddle has a Floyd bridge so I don't like changing the strings if I don't have to. I also don't wear them out very fast. I haven't changed the current sets in quite a while, but I have had a busy schedule.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
depends on the guitar stings. General strings last about a month. Coated stings last around 3 months. I really like D'Addario but in summer they break after 2 weeks of long hours playing. Mostly due to corrosion for my acidic hands.
I'd say every month, unless we've multiple shows booked. I change before sets otherwise.
..I was watching my death.