Hello guys, I have a question. Is it possible to add binding to a Gibson Les Paul Studio? I mean real binding, not just remove the color of a stripe around the body... Thanks!!
Yes, if you have the wherewithal and the time. Or a substantial amount of money.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
There are a lot of youtube videos out there that show how its done.

Etc, etc.

TLDR: Not worth the trouble unless you're willing to sink a lot of money into the guitar and accept a sharp dip in resale value. Binding a guitar is not a job for a kid in his bedroom; It requires a lot of experience, preparation, patience and has very little room for error as any mistake you make is going to be very visible and difficult to undo. Guitars with full binding are a lot more expensive for a reason.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 2, 2016,
I'd leave it alone.

A lot of very tedious and exacting work, any mistake is very visible, not a project for someone without some luthier experience.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It requires a lot of experience, preparation, patience and has very little room for error as any mistake you make is going to be very visible and difficult to undo. Guitars with full binding are a lot more expensive for a reason.

Guitars with full binding aren't really a lot more expensive than those without. Rondo and others carry guitars in the $150-250 range with bound bodies. Their Agile 3100 (and up) series guitars ($299-399) have multi-layer binding on body and headstock and single layer binding on the fretboard. But it's not something you generally attempt on a set neck that's already assembled and painted. If you want a guitar with binding, choose it already done that way. Gibson charges a lot more for guitars with binding than without because they're Gibson, and for no other reason.
They're only slightly more expensive because labour is so cheap and because of the economy of scale. Getting a custom builder to fully bind a guitar costs a substantial amount of money as none of those cost reductions exist in that scenario.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 4, 2016,