View poll results: Would you vegan?
5 24%
2 10%
3 14%
3 14%
8 38%
Voters: 21.
Page 1 of 7
Doesn't bother me but I wouldn't get into anything serious with one. Eating together and choosing restaurants sounds like a major headache
Do you hate vegans? No. Why should/would I?

Would you go out with a vegan? It depends on more than that. I have no qualms.

Would you go vegan? If I cared to regulate my diet in compensation, yes.

Vegan? Word?

Does it bother you when a meal is missing meat as a focal point? No because I don't need to treat meat like sweeties in order to enjoy things with flavour.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Do you hate vegans?
Most of them, not because they're vegans but because so many of them let it define them as a person and it's like stfu

Would you go out with a vegan?
Probably not

Would you go vegan?
No

Vegan?
No

Does it bother you when a meal is missing meat as a focal point?
No
Quote by EyeNon15
Doesn't bother me but I wouldn't get into anything serious with one. Eating together and choosing restaurants sounds like a major headache

How comes it seems like a headache? Also, what if you ended up in something serious with someone and they became vegan later on?
Quote by danielh123.
How comes it seems like a headache? Also, what if you ended up in something serious with someone and they became vegan later on?

Because when we eat at home there would need to be two different meals most of the time.
Going out to eat we would have to check out the restaurant to make sure it has vegan options.
No thank you.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Sep 1, 2016,
Quote by korinaflyingv
Yes, but I said good ones.

There are, and they are just as good as any justification for anything that anyone else eats.
Quote by EyeNon15
Because when we eat at home there would need to he two different meals most of the time.
Going out to eat we would have to check out the restaurant to make sure it has vegan options.
No thank you.

I guess that gets at what I'm asking, you wouldn't tolerate eating a vegan meal just for their sake or the sake of making things easier?
my vegan friend once got so pissed off at me for stomping out a house centipede that she stopped talking to me for weeks

Quote by danielh123.
I guess that gets at what I'm asking, you wouldn't tolerate eating a vegan meal just for their sake or the sake of making things easier?

Not everyday, hell no. Sometimes sure.
Quote by MinterMan22
my vegan friend once got so pissed off at me for stomping out a house centipede that she stopped talking to me for weeks

My vegan friend barely sees me since I stamped on a house cow.
Quote by korinaflyingv
I'm listening

It tastes good
It provides nourishment
What other justification should there be for eating food.
I don't have a problem with vegans, but their diet is unnatural and leads to multiple nutritional deficiencies....one possible outcome of which is blindness, another premature "Alzheimers". They are missing animal protein in their diet, which our bodies have evolved to utilize.

With dietary supplements veganism would be okay.
Quote by TobusRex
I don't have a problem with vegans, but their diet is unnatural and leads to multiple nutritional deficiencies....one possible outcome of which is blindness, another premature "Alzheimers". They are missing animal protein in their diet, which our bodies have evolved to utilize.

With dietary supplements veganism would be okay.

Blindness?
Quote by EyeNon15
It tastes good
It provides nourishment
What other justification should there be for eating food.
New poll: moral realism, or moral anti-realism?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
#coq10

Do you hate vegans? yes

Would you go out with a vegan? no

Would you go vegan? no

Vegan? no

Does it bother you when a meal is missing meat as a focal point? no
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by korinaflyingv
You can easily obtain food that doesn't cause suffering. When there is a good option, why choose the shit one?

Define suffering in this context please.

And why is the "good" option better
Quote by korinaflyingv
You can easily obtain food that doesn't cause suffering. When there is a good option, why choose the shit one?

Quote by EyeNon15
It tastes good

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I don't hate them, but it's impossible to be ideologically consistent and I find that funny
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by danielh123.
Blindness?

Almost all the problems with vegan diets are the lack of vitamin B12, normally obtainable through animal protein (eggs, meat, milk, etc). Blindness related issues are because B12 is vital for nerve endings (optic nerves, in this instance). The human body does "store" B12, somewhat, but over a long period of time it can exhaust it's reserves....that's when bad things start to happen to vegans who don't take supplements.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/05/19/warning-potentially-life-threatening-vitamin-deficiency-affects-25-percent-of-adults.aspx
Quote by EyeNon15
Define suffering in this context please.

And why is the "good" option better

Spending a life in terrible conditions then being killed.
And because it's the good option.
Quote by Trowzaa

Most people would rather cause a lifetime of suffering for sentient beings than make a small sacrifice, and that's fine. But don't pretend that's in any way a good thing.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Sep 1, 2016,
Quote by korinaflyingv
Spending a life in terrible conditions then being killed.
And because it's the good option.

It's possibe to eat meat without the animal spending a life in terrible conditions. Not saying I do that.
But that's not a meat eating issue, that's more of a meat selling issue.
Hypothetically if one were to hunt or fish for all their food, that would be justification for eating meat?
I like the taste of meat, I've thought of going veggie but I couldn't do vegan

I know a few vegans tho and they're alright, it wouldn't be a problem if we were dating - I'm always happy to try new foods and as long as they're happy to help me cook for them it'd be
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by EyeNon15
It's possibe to eat meat without the animal spending a life in terrible conditions. Not saying I do that.
But that's not a meat eating issue, that's more of a meat selling issue.
Hypothetically if one were to hunt or fish for all their food, that would be justification for eating meat?

I don't think it would be a good justification, as you could easily feed yourself without making that animal suffer. But it would be a damn sight better. I doubt that would ever be more than a hypothetical scenario though, for the majority of people.
Quote by korinaflyingv
I don't think it would be a good justification, as you could easily feed yourself without making that animal suffer. But it would be a damn sight better. I doubt that would ever be more than a hypothetical scenario though, for the majority of people.

The animals don't suffer if you hunt correctly.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Then great, as long as you kill the mate and kids as well so they don't suffer, and any friends they may have.

Why would a vegan not have to do this same thing with what they eat to be considered morally superior?
Quote by korinaflyingv

You appear to think that "animal suffering" trumps any other consideration.

It doesn't.

The animals I hunt, kill, process and eat don't suffer.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by EyeNon15
Why would a vegan not have to do this same thing with what they eat to be considered morally superior?

I have no idea what you mean, please re-word.
Quote by Arby911
You appear to think that "animal suffering" trumps any other consideration.

It doesn't.

The animals I hunt, kill, process and eat don't suffer.

I don't think it does trump any other consideration, but I think it should trump considerations like pleasure, convenience etc. Would you torture and kill some bloke if it felt good and you wouldn't get punished for it? I'm not being entirely serious, but why place small pleasures above the lives of others?

And as I said in a previous post, you may not be causing suffering to the animal getting killed, but the animal doesn't exist in a vacuum. It may have offspring which could then slowly starve to death, or may just be pretty upset. Would you shoot some bloke in the back of the head if you liked the way he tasted? He wouldn't suffer.
preachy vegans are equally as annoying as preachy meat eaters.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by korinaflyingv
Would you shoot some bloke in the back of the head if you liked the way he tasted? He wouldn't suffer.
Who wouldn't?
Quote by EndTheRapture51