Poll Options
View poll results: is this problematic
this is problematic
2 13%
nothing is not problematic
13 87%
Voters: 15.
Page 1 of 4
alright rapists and rape apologists, listen up. harassing us on the street is one thing, but harassing us in virtual reality where we aren't actually are is a whole new level of misogyny. if you could take your sex drive and just CHUCK IT IN THE TRASH where it belongs that would be great thanks

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/30/12710076/dead-or-alive-vr-mode-harassment

if we're not safe in your own minds, then where are we safe?

It’s alarming, especially to see this very real, clear and present danger appear in a video game. When even the powerful fighters-turned-beach-babes of Dead or Alive feel threatened by prying eyes they have zero success in warding off, what hope is there for the rest of us?
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Sep 1, 2016,
This authors other articles include such riveting journalism as:

"It took 20 years, but Snorlax is finally taking a stand in Pokémon Sun and Moon."
"Tropes vs. Women takes on games' diverse female bodies — or lack thereof."
"Bill Nye the Science Guy brings myth-busting, bowties to Netflix next year."

What a hero. Heres her twitter: https://twitter.com/LegsFrank
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Sep 1, 2016,
HAS VR SEX GONE TOO FAR?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

like anyone who plays this game would have the guts to harass a woman IRL anyway
That gif is killing me
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I don't see why this is extreme. Harassment involves communication. Just as you could harass someone with unwanted phone calls, you can harass them with unwanted messages online or on a video game.
The authors' fantasy game is one where she takes on the role of a blogger on a virtual internet where she just chastises the male gender. There is no possible end game.
Quote by JustRooster
I sent her an email.

Okay, this is where I'm gonna have to stop ya. Posting her Twitter here is one thing, actually sending a writer hate mail as a joke between your peers is different.
'Peoples thoughts represented in digital non-existence are now troubling me, you should all be scared that people have the power to think'
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Okay, this is where I'm gonna have to stop ya. Posting her Twitter here is one thing, actually sending a writer hate mail as a joke between your peers is different.

Harassment^^^^ you are not in charge of his emails.
Quote by EyeNon15
The authors' fantasy game is one where she takes on the role of a blogger on a virtual internet where she just chastises the male gender. There is no possible end game.

Regardless of politics or ideas, it's actually a viable revenue stream if you happen to be willing to go full ham with the hair dye.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Okay, this is where I'm gonna have to stop ya.

How exactly?
Quote by EpiExplorer
'Peoples thoughts represented in digital non-existence are now troubling me, you should all be scared that people have the power to think'

'I have no understanding of the notion of art analysis and liken it to thought crime'
ali defending the article and then talking about thought crimes tho
Quote by JustRooster
How exactly?

I'm fairly certain there's some rule about impersonating someone else with the intent to mislead and without consent. Especially if that person happens to control the ban buttons.

I feel like I've made this implication before today.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by JustRooster
How exactly?

Not like that you dork.

But seriously, don't send critics hate mail. Believe me they get enough of it, especially if they're female or work exclusively with video games.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
'I have no understanding of the notion of art analysis and liken it to thought crime'

'I dont read enough of this guys posts to know when he's egging me on'
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Not like that you dork.

But seriously, don't send critics hate mail. Believe me they get enough of it, especially if they're female or work exclusively with video games.

but they're asking for it
Oh man, Ali. Are you about to crusade for the dignity of non-sentient entities? Also, if she wants to write shitty articles, she deserves some feedback. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Her shit is laughable and I'll treat it as such.
Quote by StewieSwan
ali defending the article and then talking about thought crimes tho

I don't get you. It's pretty standard gender analysis of a cultural object. There has been no legislation drafted, nor any proposals thereof.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I don't get you. It's pretty standard gender analysis of a cultural object. There has been no legislation drafted, nor any proposals thereof.

thank got for that pesky 1st amendment
Quote by StewieSwan
thank got for that pesky 1st amendment

It won't last long, being that 1st amendment is a creation of the evil straight white male.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Sep 1, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15
It won't last long.

EDIT: Oh, your edit made your post seem not like a conspiracy post anymore. I still like this picture so I'll leave it up.
VR sex will be the biggest future entertainment by far. It will be far sicker than most of us can even imagine, but it may end up keeping some real messed up fuckers from doing stuff to real people, so maybe would be good.
Studies do point to VR feeding evildoers urges enough to curb it from happening irl.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Sep 1, 2016,
Quote by JustRooster

EDIT: Oh, your edit made your post seem not like a conspiracy post anymore. I still like this picture so I'll leave it up.

eh, he's not that far off. "offending religious feelings" is literally a crime in the UK.
Quote by JustRooster
Oh man, Ali. Are you about to crusade for the dignity of non-sentient entities? Also, if she wants to write shitty articles, she deserves some feedback. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Her shit is laughable and I'll treat it as such.

Dude, it's not about the dignity of fictional characters. It's about using them to illustrate a point. You're a fiction writer, you get this. I don't see why the the opposition. However, this isn't my main issue.

At the end of the day, all this critic did is undermine the sanctity of Dead Or Alive. What you sent (or are about to send) isn't feedback. It's actual hate mail. Please don't be that person.
Quote by Tempoe
VR sex will be the biggest future entertainment by far. It will be far sicker than most of us can even imagine, but it may end up keeping some real messed up fuckers from doing stuff to real people, so maybe would be good.

Animated sex with children exists for pedophiles so they have a release and won't feel the need to prey upon children. By the virtue of that and your post I'd say that this VR stuff probably does more good than harm.

Checkmate, Atheists.
that's the most benign hatemail I've ever read
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

At the end of the day, all this critic did is undermine the sanctity of Dead Or Alive. What you sent (or are about to send) isn't feedback. It's actual hate mail. Please don't be that person.

I actually sent that about this article. http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/1/12751232/tropes-vs-women-slender-ladies-body-diversity

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Dude, it's not about the dignity of fictional characters. It's about using them to illustrate a point. You're a fiction writer, you get this.

Also, the point of these characters is quite literally to be groped.
Last edited by JustRooster at Sep 1, 2016,
Bill Maher and the Daily Show have decades of hate speech to answer for if that's called hate mail.
It's 2016 guys, it's imperative that we accept all hyperbole. Anyone that's watched Fox News or MSNBC know this.
I'm going to write an article about strippers being objectified. Basically the same thing.

Also, journalists deserve ridicule for plagiarism. It's like, the worst thing you can do as one. It's almost as bad as writing multiple articles about Snorlax. Which she's also done.
Quote by JustRooster
I'm going to write an article about strippers being objectified. Basically the same thing.

Nope, because it's way scarier for a stripper to be objectified in VR than in real life.
Quote by JustRooster

naw cuz strippers are actual people and not just lines of code

Also, journalists deserve ridicule for plagiarism. It's like, the worst thing you can do as one. It's almost as bad as writing multiple articles about Snorlax. Which she's also done.

could you imagine if ali applied his own logic to himself about what constitutes as hate mail

lmao
Page 1 of 4