3 8%
Messenger bag
6 16%
No bag
4 11%
Voters: 37.
Page 1 of 2
Which is cooler? Which do you do?

I one strap sometimes and two strap other times. I often get quite a sweaty back so one strap for a bit to let me cool off.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
If we're talking backpacks, two straps. I have spine problems, so one-strapping is a great way to compound those issues.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
If we're talking backpacks
Oh thank God. For a second I thought we we're talking about strap on dildos.
Seriously, my mind was drawing a blank here.

OT: I prefer messenger bags, but will use 2 strap bags when needed.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
one strap if I'm not going very far, otherwise two strap. I always thought messenger bags, or satchels or whatever were cooler, but I can imagine it'd hurt one shoulder just as much as one-strapping
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Bags are cool
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
One strap if I'm just going about my business.

A proper backpack or daysack for hillwalking or hiking, and it's ALL THE STRAPS.
Two straps. Agarawal and Rai (2013) suggest that improper wearing of backpacks as well as overloading can cause muscle imbalance leading to back pain and also changes to posture and gait.

http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jhss/papers/Vol10-issue6/D1062226.pdf?id=6253

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

One strap is way cooler but I use two straps because I care about my back.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
I carry lots of crap in my bag constantly, one strap is not good for more than a minute or so.

either two strap or I carry it in my hands.

also one strap when moving about on busy rush hour trains and buses will have you knocking lots of people and objects.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Victory2134
One strap is way cooler

If you are the star of an 80s teen movie
Two strap master race reporting in.

If you use only one strap on a two strap bag you're probably going to wear it down quicker
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
If you use only one strap on a two strap bag you're probably going to wear it down quicker

This is an important factor. The backpack I used all throughout high school is still going strong despite it being 10 years old now, and I attribute that to me evenly distributing the weight.

Quote by ErikLensherr

When I was in school all the white kids one strapped it and all the black kids two strapped
Quote by zgr0826
This is an important factor. The backpack I used all throughout high school is still going strong despite it being 10 years old now, and I attribute that to me evenly distributing the weight.
I just never carry anything heavy unless I really, really have to.
slapsymcdougal
I carried all of my textbooks and notebooks in it because I was a good little nerd who wanted to get all of his homework done.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Depends on the size and weight of the bag and on whether I can be arsed to lift my left arm through the strap
Quote by EyeNon15
Do they still have lockers in high school?
I never had a locker in high school. Or at any educational stage.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I never had a locker in high school. Or at any educational stage.

I had 4 in 11th grade
I'd no strap it if I could
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by EyeNon15
I had 4 in 11th grade
You mean there were 4 that you were regularly stuffed into by 5th graders?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You mean there were 4 that you were regularly stuffed into by 5th graders?

5th graders don't go to high school here
One Strap: In normal situations. It's more flexible when you need to move your backpack, leave it on the floor, pick it back up, move it around, take it off your back and grab it with your hand, etc. I find myself changing my backpack position quite often, so one strap is fundamental for that. E.g. if you get on a bus if you have one strap you just bring the backpack to your front and you are set. Or if you are going through a narrow place and you need to shift your backpack to go through (e.g going through a crowded place where you don't want to bump with people, etc).

Two Straps: I use two straps when my backpack has heavy stuff so I need the whole support of my back to be more comfortable. Also when I need stability which would not be provided by one strap. E.g when there are strong winds (backpack would be flapping around with one strap) or if I'm moving at a quicker pace (backpack would also be flapping around).
Quote by EyeNon15
5th graders don't go to high school here
They did when they wanted to stuff you into a locker.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
They did when they wanted to stuff you into a locker.

Another 80s movie trope
Quote by EyeNon15
Another 80s movie trope
The best kind of movie trope.

And also pretty much the script from Stranger Things.
By the 90s kid were bringing guns and drugs into most schools. Those old bully tactics were quaint.
Quote by EyeNon15
By the 90s kid were bringing guns and drugs into most schools. Those old bully tactics were quaint.
Maybe in America.

In Britain, we like to keep our bullying traditional and institutional.

Depends what I'm carrying. I got into the habit of only using one strap after buying a sling backpack as a kid, so if it's not very heavy then I'll just wear one strap, but if it's a considerable weight, I'll put the second one on.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
two strap, but this thread makes me want to try two straps on my guitar too, might be nice
where the option for chin strap
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
If I'm wearing a backpack it's because I don't want my shoulders to hurt so obviously I am not going to one strap it. If I don't care about my shoulders hurting I will carry a giant tote on one shoulder.
cat
Page 1 of 2