Hi,

I always notice that it can't sync with my guitar well. I think I found out the root to it. Usually playing a slow is ok and I can keep timing right but when I try to play a fast note like solo a Rondo Alla Turca, Moonlight Sonata 3rd movement or solo from metal song I'm not syncing with the output sound which make me miss the next note which result in miss every note.

I use Guitar Rig 5 because it give me plenty of tone and I can even record with it but the delay is real. As I mention, It's not a big problem when I play a song at normal BPM.

Since I'm not expert, I want to heard from you guy who might used to get a delay output. It's not a good experience, I know. But I can't afford expensive AMP.

Sorry, English is not my first language.
If you're using it for gigging, that's complicated. But if it's just recording, and you don't need to mic your amp, just "line in" and use a ASIO driver (ASIO4ALL etc.). I get zero delays that way. You should be able to select the ASIO driver within guitar rig's options after you've installed it.
This will definetly mess you up big time. Just get a decent audio interface, and it will work with minimal delay. I would say anything over 6-7ms delay is to much tho. Maybe you can get away with 10ms, but you should try to get as little as possible.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I agree with the above post. You need to bring down your latency - research how to do that with your audio interface. Anything more than 10ms is unnacceptable.

If that doesn't work, either get a new interface or buy a cheap digital practice amp.
Quote by reverb66
I agree with the above post. You need to bring down your latency - research how to do that with your audio interface. Anything more than 10ms is unnacceptable.

If that doesn't work, either get a new interface or buy a cheap digital practice amp.

As I said above, an ASIO driver will solve interface problems 99% of the time.
I want to use ASIO too but I will not be able to play a backing track because ASIO will only use exclusive input and output.
The set up of ASIO to work with other output app is complicated. I could've use other laptop for a backing track but I prefer headset.

Thank for the help. Perhaps I should use a real good AMP instead because it's cheaper than to get audio interface + sound card that might cost twice the good AMP.
It sounds like you need a real amp.

Step 1) get a real amp

step 2) get a 2 channel mixer

step 3) Plug the computer's output (either audio jack or USB) into the mixer, and then also plug your amp's direct output line into the mixer.

A mixer will put your sound into headphones with zero delay, as well as let you listen to your computer's output. If your software causes a delay, there's likely nothing you can do but try different software or get a faster computer. Avoiding the computer altogether is likely more convenient and economical. You can get a worthwhile amp, mixer, and cables for under $300 USD, which is a whole lot cheaper than getting a new computer or buying professional recording software.
Last edited by cdgraves at Sep 4, 2016,