Poll: Do you lie to your friends to avoid doing things with them?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you lie to your friends to avoid doing things with them?
Yes I can't be honest with them
2 15%
No I can be honest
7 54%
F-friends? As in that US sitcom? Yeah I dun got nun o them...
4 31%
Voters: 13.
A lot of the time when I text people or message friends asking if they want to do things they always either ignore my messages or respond with some weird excuse that sounds like it could be real but most likely not, and even then, they don't get back to me to rearrange a time that's good for them which to me shows they have no interest in doing said activity.

Does this happen to you?

I don't do this with people. I am straight with them. If they ask me to do something i'm not up to then I tell them no and I don't leave it open for "maybe later's".

Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I'm pretty straight with people myself, and I think most of my friends are, too. We all lead relatively busy lives.

That said I'm disappointed this isn't a Fleetwod Mac thread

nvm you edit ninjad me
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I usually have plans though
Except sometimes I cancel them even
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I just say that I'm not up to it. The reasons why aren't their business.

It doesn't happen to me bc I only really arrange stuff with like 2 people, and only over summer. Most other commitments work out okay. I tend to give "maybe" for social events at university and ensure that they're nothing major.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 2, 2016,
Banjocal

As long as you're not leading them on thinking you'd be up to it another time when you're not. If its a genuine case of not now but later I really do want to then its not a problem. Its when people aren't clear enough about what they want that leads you chasing them up.

Quote by metal4eva_22
i have a tendency to tell stupid lies when i dont feel like doing something with a friend.

all i really need to say is im not up to it, but ill use any number of my go-to excuses.

diarrhea
sleeping
work
"stuff to do"

really tho im just playing video games and dont want to leave the house.

it's a liar's quirk
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I played this game for too long with someone I thought was a friend. He's a loser.

I also played this game with my boss. I would text him with questions about something and he would blow me off. I think it was his way of power tripping. I finally got through to him that it works both ways by ignoring him when he needed something.

in any case, people that do the ignoring are POS's
people have to talk to me in order for me to lie to them

but yeah I'm always honest abt not wanting to do anything when I don't feel like it, but it usually takes a lot for me to not want to hang out with my mates since I don't really get the chance anymore, usually I have to be extremely tired or physically exhausted
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by sashki
I just use a contrived excuse like "I need to iron my cat" and eventually people stop asking for reasons.
please do not iron cats
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I pretty much never ask people if they want to hang out because the only people I hang out with ask me first. And I am always happy to hang out and even if I'm not, I will anyway and I'll be glad I did. This is the one great benefit of only hanging out with 2 people on a regular basis.
I have nothing important to say
Only straight with females

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by geo-rage
Sometimes you just need to iron the cat.

Is that you what call it these days?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Is that you what call it these days?
no thats a metaphor of it. No actual cats are injured
Last edited by geo-rage at Sep 3, 2016,
Most of my friends just ignore my messages to hang out if theyre busy
They usually text me back later appologizing if they're the nice type. If they're dicks they'll reply a day later "sorry bro I was drunk" or some shit

I don't see why they would lie though. I usually ignore requests to chill if I'm busy. But if i actually have plans then I'm straight up going to say maybe next time and I'll actually try to set up a later day to hang out lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Sep 2, 2016,
What are "friends"?
Quote by Anonymous
My favorite sex position is called "WOW". That's where I flip your MOM over.
I'll make up an excuse sometimes whenever I don't want to hang out but I never ignore texts, I hate when people do that.
I have a group of old coworkers who are like that. I don't hang out with them anymore. I just don't have time to deal with that kind of bullshit. I have plenty of friends who don't fucking play those stupid little games. TS, it's best to just cut those people out of your life entirely.
I used to avoid and not reply to people's messages, but now I'll be like "Nah, watching Netflix, sorry"
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Depends on the situation really, I'm generally up for anything but if I got stuff to do, I blame it on the kids.
"I'd love to man, but the kids, yanno".

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
TheChaz

If I did then I'd have like one friend left.

i_lovemetallica

Wtf are those armsssss lol

Quote by metal4eva_22