Get a peavey vypyr
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I wouldn't get that amp if you play heavier stuff. What's your price range and the features you're after (channels, reverb, effect loop, etc)?

You can't go wrong with a Marshall combo, like the DSL40C from Sweetwater with that Creamback speaker. Sounds great at low volumes.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by 8Len8
I wouldn't get that amp if you play heavier stuff. What's your price range and the features you're after (channels, reverb, effect loop, etc)?

You can't go wrong with a Marshall combo, like the DSL40C from Sweetwater with that Creamback speaker. Sounds great at low volumes.
The thing is i cant play loud because of neighbours so i need something low and i think that would fit good. I mean if i cant play heavy stuff with it, its good to start at easier stuff you know :P
Quote by 8Len8
anderssen huh? IMHO there are better amps for your genre that can still be played quietly, either via a speaker or headphones. Check out the Marshall SL-5.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/marshall-slash-signature-5w-1x12-guitar-tube-combo
Yeah headphones would also be good, was just looking after one without, but ur right. But if im gonna play with headphones do you think amps or like a pod hd 500x for example would be better? thank you
Quote by anderssen
Yeah headphones would also be good, was just looking after one without, but ur right. But if im gonna play with headphones do you think amps or like a pod hd 500x for example would be better? thank you
yeah, if you're mainly gonna play with headphones then a modeler like a POD might be best.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by 8Len8
yeah, if you're mainly gonna play with headphones then a modeler like a POD might be best.
Yeah thats what i thought, thanks man
Headphones would result in ear fatigue after long sessions. I would recommend an amp. I have the Marshall DSL40C and I am able to use it at home at low volumes. If you really need very low volume you may go for a small amp, but I have little to no experience about these amps. What I would add is that the tone of the DSL40C is way better than the smaller powered DSL15 and DSL5.
For most of my practice I end up on my computer using Guitar Pro to play along with. So with that I find it's pretty convenient to use Peavey ReValver also on my computer for the amp sims so that whatever I have setup in Guitar Pro (drum tracks, metronome, entire songs, looper to learn stuff, scales, etc) and my guitar all come through the same speakers. I use monitor headphones or just the computer speakers. I can adjust track volumes, guitar volumes, etc all from one interface. The main downside is the lack of foot ready amp channel changes (going from clean to distortion doesn't happen easily but I could buy a midi footswitch and hook that into the computer. . . )

With that said I also crank the shit out of my Mesa and see the need/want for loud!!!

In other words, amp sims and Guitar Pro for quality practice. Mesa because it's so much fun!

For a metal geared modeling amp the Peavey Vypyr with a 12" speaker is the way to go.

It really all comes down to budget though. . .

Peavey ReValver Metal Pack - $22
Guitar to USB Cable - $20 or less

Guitar Pro - $60 (or look into what is offered here on UG) - Every beginner (hell everyone) needs this IMO. I sure wish it existed when I started to learn way before the Internet existed.

Peavey Vypyr VIP 2 - $120

As you progress step up to some monitor speakers for your computer - the KRK Rockits are popular but there are a ton of choices.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I own the THR 10x and it can do metal, but I certainly wouldn't have this as my only amp. I use it for when I travel for work or want to sit outside and play. Great hotel room amp. But I don't touch it if not in one of the above mentioned situations.