Page 1 of 3
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/02/lena-dunham-odell-beckham-met-gala-twitter

In an interview with Amy Schumer in her Lenny Letter released Friday, Dunham and Schumer discuss the latter auditioning for Girls, the Kurt Metzger controversy, and their involvement in politics. They eventually talked about the Met Gala, which neither of them seemed to enjoy. Dunham was seated next to Beckham Jr. at the event.

“It was so amazing because it was like he looked at me and he determined I was not the shape of a woman by his standards. He was like, ‘That’s a marshmallow. That’s a child. That’s a dog.’ It wasn’t mean — he just seemed confused,” Dunham recounted in the newsletter. “The vibe was very much like, ‘Do I want to f— it? Is it wearing a … yep, it’s wearing a tuxedo. I’m going to go back to my cell phone.’”

She added, “It was like we were forced to be together, and he literally was scrolling Instagram rather than have to look at a woman in a bow tie. I was like, ‘This should be called the Metropolitan Museum of Getting Rejected by Athletes.’”

Her comments were met with criticism online, where several Twitter users critcized her for making assumptions and for not starting a conversation herself. Some also accused Dunham of perpetuating racist stereotypes about black athletes.

Hours after the interview went live, Dunham posted several tweets clarifying her comments.

“[Beckham Jr.] is talented, stylish, seems super awesome and wasn’t into chatting with me at a fancy party. My story about him was clearly (to me) about my own insecurities as an average-bodied woman at a table of supermodels & athletes,” Dunham explained on Twitter. “It’s not an assumption about who he is or an expectation of sexual attention. It’s my sense of humor, which has kept me alive for 30 years. Glad the outrage machine roars on though, right @amyschumer?”

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Great sense of humor she has.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
If you want attention from guys don't walk around looking like Seth Rogen j/s j/s
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
doncha hate it when it's not an assumption about who he is or an expectation of sexual attention except for when it entirely is??? some crazysam school of back pedaling bullshit right there

I was like, ‘This should be called the Metropolitan Museum of Getting Rejected by Athletes.’”
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Lena Dunham and Amy Schumer are the reasons why I don't believe in god.
Quote by ErikLensherr
If you want attention from guys don't walk around looking like Seth Rogen j/s j/s

LOL
My God, it's full of stars!
this is like,
every gross neckbeard's attitude towards womyn who won't fuck them --

nice.
Quote by Rossenrot
Lena Dunham and Amy Schumer are the reasons why I don't believe in god.
tbh id rather watch either of them doing comedy over comedy central ever giving anthony jeselnik another special or show.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I don't know much of anything about this chick other than about how awful she is.
The clarifying is hilarious, she is still thinking that dude is going to fuck her. Instead of just apologizing for accussing him of just scoping around for who he wants to fuck, which would be the smart career move.
Shes just trying to guilt him into fucking her.
-Yeh, he's this awesome guy, but he totally didn't want to talk to ugly old me- This is the type of harrasment women normally get away with unchecked.
But ya know, even imaginary women in video games are more important than men in reality.

On a side note she reduces an entire room of people to mere objects, nothing more than the appeareance of their bodies. Well done.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Sep 2, 2016,
Quote by jakesmellspoo
tbh id rather watch either of them doing comedy over comedy central ever giving anthony jeselnik another special or show.

comedy central is doomed tbh.

& I never watched girls 'cuz I don't get HBO ok fucking elitist scum.
If you have these kind of insecurities it is likely you are going to project them towards others

Like something neidnarb11890 said, this happens too with some men seeking women attention and flipping their shit when they don't get it or calling women "bitch" for not wanting to be with them "nice guys" and that kind of stuff (remember Elliot Rodgers?)

It can happen with both genders and we must be attentive enough to call both of them out the same way. It's not ok to ignore these kind of actions and attitudes when it comes from women but not men, as it's not ok to promote them or "give fuel to the fire" too.
It's also not ok to make generalizations and arrive at bad conclusions based on this. E.g this is not a "SJW conspiracy" or "a feminazi agenda", at least not anymore than it'd be had she been an unattractive man seeking the attention of an attractive woman and making the same comments

Her initial comments were in that "nice guy" kind of deal and are obviously not appropriate, but it's good that she acknowledged it. I want to believe it's not backpedalling but actually recognizing her own mistakes and problems and wanting to fix them (let's hope).
Hopefully it means she'll try to better herself and not have that kind of attitude in the future
This is not an SJW conspiracy.
It's the usual out in the open SJW mob, nothing conspiratorial about about it.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Sep 3, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15
This is not an SJW conspiracy.
It's the usual out in the open SJW mob, nothing conspiratorial about about it.

Well, yeah. My point is that Dunham's actions aren't necessarily "SJW" (how other people react to it or how she reacts afterwards is a different thing)
Quote by EyeNon15
It's just fun to see weapons turn on their usual bosses.

If this is that case then it isn't a "weapon" but actually common sense. If there is discrimination against women and people call it out, but then when there is discrimination against men and people call it out ... isn't that a good thing? How is it a "weapon turning on their usual bosses"? Isn't that how it is supposed to work?
No, social media is a weapon.
And its RARELY used on anyone that flaunts how much of a feminist they are.

It's a very small battle but it's fun to see a chastiser be chastised by the SJW mob in these rare cases.
Quote by jakesmellspoo

realest talks

Some of my friends who are usually pro-Lena are even against this one.

I think she alienated some of her usual support, or at least made them think twice about what things are truly in support of equality and which are truly stupid.
Quote by Dreadnought

those aren't your friends
Lena Dunham is trash
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by Dreadnought

I think she alienated some of her usual support, or at least made them think twice about what things are truly in support of equality and which are truly stupid.

Well maybe this is actually a good thing and will make a whole chunk of people think more critically about these issues.

Quote by EyeNon15
No, social media is a weapon.
And its RARELY used on anyone that flaunts how much of a feminist they are.

Maybe because they are right those times?

It's good to try and make whatever "weapon" social media and public perception is be as unbiased and just as possible. If it's biased towards certain attitudes under the guise of "equality" and "feminism" then anything that fights against that is good too

EDIT: There does seem to be a problem with how our brains work regarding "movements", "activism" and the like, specially when we have the need to categorize people based on it ("you are a feminist" vs "you are not a feminist", etc). There's also a problem when you choose certain people to be a "champion" of said movement and completely bias any judgement of said person. E.g if Dunham is seen as a "feminist champion" and the like, then it's more likely the people that support that movement will not judge her "bad" actions in an unbiased manner, and even she will be less likely to realize her mistakes and the like under this system. Basically, how many other instances are there of "feminist champions" acting like Dunham right here (i.e acting in a way we can all agree is not good) yet having support from lots of people/media/etc because of that bias?

Human sociology and psychology is kind of weird. We should be very careful when "going with the flow", whatever the flow is (either in support or opposition of a "movement" or whatever, be it feminism, "SJW scum", etc), specially when it has a snowballing effect when various people join in and have the same exact type of reactions/attitudes
Last edited by gonzaw at Sep 3, 2016,
Quote by gonzaw
Well maybe this is actually a good thing and will make a whole chunk of people think more critically about these issues.

Maybe because they are right those times?

It's good to try and make whatever "weapon" social media and public perception is be as unbiased and just as possible. If it's biased towards certain attitudes under the guise of "equality" and "feminism" then anything that fights against that is good too

EDIT: There does seem to be a problem with how our brains work regarding "movements", "activism" and the like, specially when we have the need to categorize people based on it ("you are a feminist" vs "you are not a feminist", etc). There's also a problem when you choose certain people to be a "champion" of said movement and completely bias any judgement of said person (if Dunham is seen as a "feminist champion" and the like, then it's more likely the people that support that movement will not judge her "bad" actions in an unbiased manner, and even her will be less likely to realize her mistakes and the like under this system).

Human sociology and psychology is kind of weird. We should be very careful when "going with the flow", whatever the flow is (either in support or opposition of a "movement" or whatever, be it feminism, "SJW scum", etc), specially when it has a snowballing effect when various people join in and have the same exact type of reactions/attitudes

Mobs are nearly always a bad thing in essence, they rarely accomplish anything truly good.

This person usually is one to fan the flames of mob against others, it's fun to see it turned on her.

I don't know how good it actually is for the world or anything but it's certainly giving me a little bit of petty happiness.
I mean there is just nonsense being thrown at Lena Dunham right now, complete horseshit.
Claims of racism on her part, of course.
Because the word out out now, you are allowed to shame this person, cages unlocked.
This type of over the top public shaming is typically led and fueled by vocal feminists, not targeted towards one.

It's pretty fun to witness for me.
Low level nobodys of showbiz that would NEVER have the NERVE to openly criticize such a powerful and successful person in the entertainment business on their own now have the green light to go post their little shitty comments about her. The word is out.

It's a blast to see.
Eye non flying off the handle
Over/under odds - Dunham's staff is calling Odell's to ask him to help smooth this over. He releases a sympathetic statement on her behalf tommorrow

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by tateandlyle
Over/under odds - Dunham's staff is calling Odell's to ask him to help smooth this over. He releases a sympathetic statement on her behalf tommorrow

like why are you so heated though
Quote by Rossenrot
like why are you so heated though

I don't know what you mean by heated?

Are you saying I'm heated like angry?

Or heated like I'm heated up because it's so fun?

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by tateandlyle
Or do you mean it in a literal way? Like my temperature is actually very high?

13/37 posts in this thread
Quote by Rossenrot
13/37 posts in this thread

Are you asking why I have this amount of posts?
Why on earth would there need to be a reason for that????

I'll try though, this should be number 14 for me.
The reason is that our society tends to assign numbers to things for a variety of reasons.
The reason there are now 14 is because 14 is the number that comes after 13. SPOILER ALERT - The next number will be 15.

Quote by CrossBack7
Page 1 of 3