Hi guys, I'm the pt is owner of a 2004 Fender Vintage Series Strat with the expected 6 hole vintage trem.

I'm interested to see a comparison of the many available 6 hole strat style bridges out there. So far I've looked at the:
Fender (of course)
Wilkinson 6 hole
Wilkinson 5+1
Callaham
And various offerings from Gotoh.

Anyone this thoughts in terms of comparing tone/tuning stability/playability?
more about good setup than the trem itself. some people prefer one over the other but if your nut is cut correctly and the trem is set up right it shouldn't really make that much of a difference. any differences in tone would likely be so slim that you wouldn't hear it.
monwobobbo surely some designs will be more stable than others even with a great setup? I'm talking pushing a trem to the limits and seeing which one really comes out on top
Quote by jamicmac5
monwobobbo surely some designs will be more stable than others even with a great setup? I'm talking pushing a trem to the limits and seeing which one really comes out on top

you want "better" then 6 point isn't the say to go. the 2 post trem found on American Strats was designed to be better. I've played a bunch of different strats or strat style guitars and found that with a good setup even the cheap ones would stay in tune reasonably well. as far as "pushing it to the limits" goes a 6 point is the wrong trem for that. I kinda doubt you'll be doing any more than Jimi or EVH did with them and keep them in tune. Jeff Beck uses a 2 point trem and seem s to manage just fine. sure there are trems like the Super Vee that claim to be better but that is debatable.