Been using the same Apple earbuds for a year now and the sound quality's gotten really shitty. I've been looking for a new pair recently that's a bit higher quality, but I've been avoiding getting a pair of headphones because I need something more portable. Any suggestions? I'm especially looking for earbuds that are best for listening to metal and are at or below $150.
Skullcandy because it has a skull on it and skulls are TOTALLY METAL.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Earbuds that make your metal sound like Beethoven are usually pretty good
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
the ones that short out and protect your ears from listening to metal

how portable exactly do you need headphones to be? cause there are good earbuds out there, there are just a lot of crappy ones. Even headphones like these are semi-portable (ear cups fold inward into the headband) and are really good quality for the price. downside is the cable is like 6ft long which can be annoying when you're out and about lol.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
non-functioning ones lmao
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Baby Joel I'm looking for something compact enough that I could comfortably fit inside my pocket during the day. I don't really have a place to fit a bulkier pair of headphones, otherwise I would seek those out more. Thanks for the suggestion, too, I'll look into that pair.
any of them unless you're an audiophile dweeb in which case enjoy spending $700 on a pair
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Anything bass boosted
Like Bose extra bass
I've been using these Sony mdr extra bass headphones for a while and I'm pretty content with their quality

Edit

I agree with hydra
Don't spend more than 70 bucks on headphones
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Sep 3, 2016,
k.lainad Thank you, I'll check out both. By the way, loving your band's stuff. Sounds really good.
Quote by k.lainad
bose
[...]
Don't spend more than 70 bucks on headphones
lol
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
It's just Metal. Any ol cheapazz buds are fine.

For better sound, choose IEM instead. I like the Shure. http://www.soundguys.com/best-earbuds-under-100-6141/
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I was gonna recommend something
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2. Bang on your budget, but by far the best in-ears I've heard from $0-150. Very natural sounding, so you don't get bass that overpowers everything else. Loads of bass/boosted bass =/= good bass.
but this is a much better recommendation.
I got these sexy audio technica headphobes for 270 dollaz and i cant go back to earnuds again

headphobes lol
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I'll look into all of these.
Quote by ehbacon
earbuds are all trash get headphones noob

For real though, they're uncomfortable and worse. Never understood people buying earbuds.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Quote by Hydra150
any of them unless you're an audiophile dweeb in which case enjoy spending $700 on a pair

straight up.

just go to the dollar store
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Then you just haven't found a set that's comfortable for you.

True, maybe because im not fond of cramming something in my ear as opposed to just having something over them
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Last edited by hurricane0202 at Sep 6, 2016,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Then you just haven't found a set that's comfortable for you.

True, maybe because im not fond of cramming something in my ear as opposed to just having something over them
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Quote by hurricane0202

I own a set of the in ears I mentioned earlier. They're extremely well designed and don't actually feel like they're there. This is for two reasons. Firstly, the earpieces are weighted, so they essentially sit in the ear due to gravity. Secondly, the cable loops back on itself, and you can enlarge this so it fits in the folds of the outer ear and locks it in place. Ideally, the rubber bit that goes in the ear should create an airtight seal to improve bass response and noise isolation. Unfortunately with a lot of in ears, that rubber earpiee also has to keep the earphones in the ear. That can be uncomfortable. Aforementioned in ears remove that job, which makes them pretty easy to wear.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I own a set of the in ears I mentioned earlier. They're extremely well designed and don't actually feel like they're there. This is for two reasons. Firstly, the earpieces are weighted, so they essentially sit in the ear due to gravity. Secondly, the cable loops back on itself, and you can enlarge this so it fits in the folds of the outer ear and locks it in place. Ideally, the rubber bit that goes in the ear should create an airtight seal to improve bass response and noise isolation. Unfortunately with a lot of in ears, that rubber earpiee also has to keep the earphones in the ear. That can be uncomfortable. Aforementioned in ears remove that job, which makes them pretty easy to wear.

Tha'ts a pretty hefty price though. I've always had the same problems with every pair of earbuds I've had, they either fall out constantly or one side stops working after a couple weeks or so. Cheaper headphones are always better than the cheap earbuds in my experience.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Quote by Deliriumbassist
As is often the way with things, you pay for quality and R&D.

Unless you buy beats by dre in which case you pay for a name and shitty drivers.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Since Deliriumbassist would like to judge my selection, I've decided to go with the Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series. They seem to have quite good reviews and sound, and are just within my budget as well. Thank you all for your suggestions, I appreciate the help.
Sony Extra Bass are the best earbuds, period, so metal sounds extra good on them
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬