Looking at buying a mini battery powered amp just for easy practicality use around the house, as well as a space saver for when I'm working away and able to take with me without the need to lug a 30W+ around with me.

Looking for one preferably with headphone jack output as well.

What are some options out there that fit the description that you've had experiences with?
What is your price range? Options go from a Yamaha THR10X (shouldn't be more than $300 used) to a H&K Grandmeister 36 (around $1700 new).
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Have you considered a portable digital modeler, such as Line 6 PODs, Korg Pandoras, Boss Micro-BRs and so forth?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Roland Micro Cube, or maybe all you need is a Pod for headphone output.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Pignose, maybe.
http://pignoseamps.com
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Thanks guys will look into each. I have a cube 30 which I love so maybe a micro cube would be cute next to that lol.

Are the mini battery powered Marshalls no good?
Quote by Kimt0wn
No
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cathbard

Lol nice and blunt. I like it.

Why not?

.edit. it was suppose to be any* good
Last edited by Kimt0wn at Sep 4, 2016,
It's the speakers mainly. They're tiny pieces of crap.
MicroCube is a far better choice.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The microcube looks exactly what I'm after.

-compact
-battery/av operational
-headphone input
-speaker (sorry not interested in pods)
-good price (anything <$200 is good in my book)

Is there anything similar that would be worth looking into or is the cube basically the best option in that price range?
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Have you considered a portable digital modeler, such as Line 6 PODs, Korg Pandoras, Boss Micro-BRs and so forth?

Add a Zoom G1on or G3 to this list & it's the best answer.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Are those battery operated? I like Zoom's stuff, but I don't know the particular models all that well.

Quote by Kimt0wn
The microcube looks exactly what I'm after.

-compact
-battery/av operational
-headphone input
-speaker (sorry not interested in pods)
-good price (anything <$200 is good in my book)

Is there anything similar that would be worth looking into or is the cube basically the best option in that price range?

For a dinky little amp that runs on batteries the Micro Cube is pretty sweet. Run direct out from the amp into a decent powered wedge and it gets even better. A pretty cool piece of kit that can often be found for $60 used.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Are those battery operated? I like Zoom's stuff, but I don't know the particular models all that well.

Yes, both can be run on batteries
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Ordered a microcube. Got it free with the elite tele I just purchases!
The older Micro Cube is still a great portable amp, it is upstaged by the newer Micro Cube GX which has built-in usb and more features than previous version. Micro Cube is 2watts while The Mobile Cube has 5watts and can be used for mic, acoustic and electric guitar (can be plugged in or run on 6 AA batteries). Good luck in your search for portable amp.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Quote by psp742
The older Micro Cube is still a great portable amp, it is upstaged by the newer Micro Cube GX which has built-in usb and more features than previous version. Micro Cube is 2watts while The Mobile Cube has 5watts and can be used for mic, acoustic and electric guitar (can be plugged in or run on 6 AA batteries). Good luck in your search for portable amp.

I didn't realize their were 2 models of the microcube.

I just asked them to order a microcube from the store, is the original still in production or will it be a GX... or could it be either? Lol

I'm really hoping it's the GX as them features are desirable to me haha.
I forgot to mention that the Micro Cube GX is 3watts instead of the original Micro Cube 2watts.. the original is still popular, and can be bought at an affordable price compared to newer version. Which version you get is still very good. GX has +++
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Quote by Kimt0wn
Mine's a bookend now
Quote by Kimt0wn
Ordered a microcube. Got it free with the elite tele I just purchases!
What a combination
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i