Has anyone here played an Ibanez AVN4 and what is your opinion of the instrument? I'm looking for a smallish guitar to keep in my living room so I can just pick it up and play while watching tv. I really like the looks of this guitar but my local stores don't carry it. I'm also a little bit curious that while I can find the AVN4 on various websites it isn't on the actual Ibanez website. What is up with that? Thanks for any thoughts on this guitar.
I know nothing about that particular model, but I've seen enough Ib acoustics (my mate stocked them) to think that they put looks over acoustic performance. this might help:

https://parlor.guitars/blog/roundup-best-parlor-guitars

Whatever you choose, budget for a set up if you aren't DIY.
Last edited by Tony Done at Sep 4, 2016,
Quote by mrsoul55
...[ ].... I really like the looks of this guitar but my local stores don't carry it. I'm also a little bit curious that while I can find the AVN4 on various websites it isn't on the actual Ibanez website. What is up with that? ...[ ]...
Ibanez cycles quite rapidly through guitar models. Thus, dealers often have NOS long after (?) a particular model is discontinued.

Another thing, something which has been discontinued in the US, will often still be flourishing in Europe.

I know that Ibanez checks your location before allowing you to enter the site. What I don't know is, were you to use a proxy from "XXX" country, would the product line be the same as what the US user would see.

In any event, I have 2 Ibanez acoustics that I loathe, which always causes me to say something like, "stay as far away from their acoustics as possible".

Plus, I've never even had the opportunity to play a parlor guitar of any make, which pretty much disqualifies me from commenting either way on the guitar in question.

In general though, Ibanez acoustics aren't very well thought of, and at the very least, you shouldn't consider one if it doesn't have a solid top NOR. without hearing it first. In most cases, they also fail in the, "bang for the buck" category as well. Two brands you might investigate are Seagull and Yamaha.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. But likely somebody here knows more about that type of guitar than I do, so, stay tuned.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 4, 2016,