I want to start busking more and the need for a portable amp has become more and more apparent. Unfortunately, the only decent sounding battery powered amps I've found all range from AU$500-700 (some of the AER stuff can go up to two and a half fucking thousand), an investment I'm quite deterred by for something as financially modest as playing for a couple hours in the street. I've also looked into alternative methods of powering non battery powered amplifiers (ie car batteries and converters), but information, methods and success rates are all over the place everywhere I look, which isn't exactly comforting.

If possible, a relatively simple and cost effective method of powering my pre-existing gear would solve all my problems, but if such a method doesn't exist, what are some good sounding portable amps for
Quote by Fat Lard
post of the year, thank you
Last edited by Jimjambanx at Sep 4, 2016,
...(cont)
Quote by Fat Lard
ok what the fuck UG my posts are being cut off mid paragraph and I'm getting duplicates, I can't even split the post in two, it either cuts it all off or just reverts back to the first paragraph and a bit, so now I can't ask the question I wanted to.
Quote by Fat Lard
The Andertons guys just reviewed a relatively cheap Laney (called 4 x 4 i think) the other day. Cheap thing but they seemed to like it a lot.
Find a new or used Carvin S400D or B600. Battery powered (looks like a small auto battery, interchangeable so that one can be charged outside the unit while the second is working), mini-mixer on the back, extension speakers available, will mount on poles, sufficient power (100W and 400W respectively) for almost anything.