Hey guys.
I've been putting in a lot of practice recently with different riffs and whatnot. In particular, CKY - 96 Quite Bitter Beings. I usually playing Drop D songs, such as Unholy Confession by Avenged Sevenfold etc. etc.

I was wondering, is it okay to change from E/Drop D to D# and back once a day?

I know it will wear out the strings but I am not sure how much and how dramatic the change is. Thanks.
Changing tunings like that everyday shouldn't affect much. Your strings might wear out a fraction of a percentage faster than normal but that's probably the worst case scenario for you and you wouldn't notice it anyway.
If you tune up and down more than a whole step every day it might affect the action, so don't do that.
Otherwise you should be fine.
My question is why though? Can't you just play the D# songs in E?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
theogonia777
I guess you could just some riffs use open strings, and its hard to go from like fret 8 to 1 then back up to 9 etc.
No. I mean like just play at the same frets so you're just playing the song up half a step.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
No. I mean like just play at the same frets so you're just playing the song up half a step.

Probably, like myself, likes to play along with the recordings.
Adjust the pitch of the recording.
I knew that was coming...
Maybe OP doesn't have a computer or any means to alter pitch?
I change my acoustic form standard to drop D, to open G and back all the time, never noticed any problems. Sometimes I'll change it through all 3 and back in one day.

If you're trying to play along with recordings, you might be able to tune 1/2 step low and use a capo on the 1st fret for standard tuning. Or just for a quick change on the fly, check it with a tuner and go.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...