I've heard of it and the layout looks simple enough, but I'm just wondering what kind of protection there is for buyers, if any.

I've been looking at a 70s reissue Jazz on ebay which had a buy it now or best offer button. So I've made a couple of offers, really not far below the original asking price at all, really just to cover the courier and insurance, but the seller says he can only accept if it's done off of ebay, due to fees. Which I'm pretty sure is against their rules, and I see little point in sticking a best offer button on there if you won't accept anything less than the original asking price anyway. Had that suggestion not have been made, I might just have clicked on buy it now. But it feels a little like he's been waiting for people to make offers just so that he can make this suggestion.

I'm probably not going to risk it on this occasion, because it sounds generally quite dodgy, despite the 100% feedback, and I imagine it's about as risky as Gumtree. But it would be helpful to know if anybody has had any kind of issues using it for the future.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
I wouldn't do it unless it is a local sale. Shpock has users register via Facebook for accountability purposes, but it's really easy to set up a fake Facebook account. Couple of hundred bucks is a painful lesson. Maybe I'm just being cynical, but it seems there's always someone out there looking to pull a fast one.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Yeah, I'm the same. I get not wanting to pay high fees, but why list it there at all unless it's basically click bait? Facebook, as you say, is easy enough to set up under fake names etc. Sounds a bit like a half-hearted attempt to look like they're doing something to protect people without actually doing anything. I don't use Facebook anyway, can't stand the place.

I've since found another closer to home, and another very nice Mexican nearby. I'll probably end up with the latter and just use the one I have for anything that needs a particularly vintage sound.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.