Page 1 of 2
What instances have there been where you can admit you've been jealous of someone and it have an actual negative effect on your life.

I have a situation where it's almost where I can't find the difference between inspirational and jealousy, all because I'm a piece of shit who has zero confidence to start trying something and I have no work ethic.

My friend has something I wish I had. Drive and a few practical skills. Over summer he's been busy producing good work that will be very impressive on his portfolio of work while I've been doing nothing at all and am still shitting bricks about what the hell im gonna do for my dissertation.

I feel like a complete fraud as I have been way more successful than him in my academic journey so far, he really struggles when it comes to essay writing, but because essay writing is solo and we've been working on productions together and getting good marks I feel like I don't deserve what I've been given and he deserves more credit because he's the real MVP.

Fuck I need to sort myself out I'm a mess.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I can relate to being jealous of other people's drive and work ethic. However, don't beat yourself up over academic performance. That sounds like a case of impostor syndrome. Good grades are good grades.
I don't know. I guess I'm jealous of anyone who owns an F-Type or an M5. That's probably it. But it's not like a petty type of jealousy, more like, I want that someday.
...turning saints into the sea?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm pretty jelly of people that can get like straight A's in school and still have time to screw around and get wasted at parties everyday. I just don't get how they manage to pull off that shit without ever putting in actual study time.

I don't get jelly for other things though, like if I see someone driving a Ferrari or something I'll get a bit envious because they're successful, but it drives me harder to be more like them and look up to them for example. Just materialistic things like that.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Sep 4, 2016,
At times I see that some of people I've studied with at uni are going to meetings and being successful in some companies and stuff and I get a little jealous
Also with some friends that travel everywhere, party a lot and stuff

.. but it doesn't really affect me that much
Quote by chrismendiola
I don't know. I guess I'm jealous of anyone who owns an F-Type or an M5. That's probably it. But it's not like a petty type of jealousy, more like, I want that someday.
that better be an e39

if you want an F10, god help you and your taste

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Acϵ♠

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I'm a little above that. If I ever see someone I think I'd be jealous of, I just remind myself that its only an emotion that stems from selfishness. If you just go around wishing you had it like someone else does, then you're not really living your own life, which I think is important because the possibilities are more endless that way.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Acϵ♠

turning her sick lullaby, heeey jealousy

wait
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I'm a little above that. If I ever see someone I think I'd be jealous of, I just remind myself that its only an emotion that stems from selfishness. If you just go around wishing you had it like someone else does, then you're not really living your own life, which I think is important because the possibilities are more endless that way.

Could jealousy ever be a positive influence on you, motivating you to change to try and be like those people you are jealous of?
As in, can there be a situation where you are jealous of someone, and if you "remind yourself that it's only an emotion that stems from selfishness" you don't do a single thing, but if you give in to it and try to change you do change and improve your life?
I've not really felt the burning, unpleasant jealousness. Not that I can recall, anyway. I've often yearned for some lifestyles or experience but I know that it's me exaggerating them in my mind rather than them being great. Neither have negatively impacted my life.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by gonzaw
Could jealousy ever be a positive influence on you, motivating you to change to try and be like those people you are jealous of?
As in, can there be a situation where you are jealous of someone, and if you "remind yourself that it's only an emotion that stems from selfishness" you don't do a single thing, but if you give in to it and try to change you do change and improve your life?
That's the difference between jealousy and inspiration.

There's a guy at work who reminds me of that every single day. His life is so set that I don't even know what he's doing working here, he literally has it made. He's renting out idk how many homes and is super active in the community and legit travels everywhere. He even has a popular food blog and a lot of restaurants offer him to come eat there for free in exchange for a good review. But when I talk to him, I don't get jealous. Instead, the very first thing that comes to mind is "the way this man lives is incredibly inspiring and I should try to do the same."

there's things i could be doing right now to meet at least some of those standards, but for me to not be meeting them is just on me, so to be jealous is unreasonable. Even if its something outside of my capability, I don't choose to see it as a negative reflection on my life.

that may just be me though. personally, i think theres a part of me that associates being jealous with trading lives entirely, which again, is something i dont think is beneficial at all.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Sep 5, 2016,
Yeah I get what you mean Nero, I get that too. Loads of people I went to school with are well on their way into successful careers whereas I've stagnated over the last five years or so. But because I'm a piece of shit I can't even use that jealousy to drive me, it's just all 'well I'm just one of those people who don't succeed I guess'.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I am inspired by the people in my class that do more work than me, when usually I am jealous of those sorts of people
I'm neither jealous or inspired by people much anymore anyway, it's gone from being something that happened a lot to almost non-existent nowadays
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Jealousy inspires me to be a better person.

I'm also jealous of people who have more opportunities in life than me - a lot of people are luckier with the way things work out for them, and they don't have stuff like anxiety holding them back.

Most jealous I get was when peoples parents got them a car very early in life. That really annoyed me.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
jealous

again
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
It's normal to feel jealousy towards somebody. There is nothing unusual about that. The thing is, if that makes you feel bad, than it's a problem.

If you don't want to feel jealous, just notice yourself when you are being jealous. That's all you have to do
“Music is a necessity. After food, air, water and warmth, music is the next necessity of life.” - Keith Richards
I get jealous when I see a really nice car
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by stratkat
I'm jealous of myself when I was 21, I had a future, was in school, living with a girl.

Fucking so jelly of that guy.

Yeah me too. I hate that guy.
O dear what happen?

Quote by metal4eva_22
Sometimes I'm jealous of people who are perfectly put together all the time. But it goes away pretty quickly after I remind myself that I am perfectly put together when I make an effort to do so. It just takes up a deceptively large amount of time and money, and I usually choose to prioritize other things.

I am jealous of people who fly first or business class all the time. I can also make this go away quickly by being thankful that I have a really easy time flying long distances compared to most people because I can sleep easily, I like airplane food, and I'm small enough that I can curl up in my seat and stretch my legs comfortably. I would rather save up for a flight with an airline that has excellent service across all classes instead of flying in a higher class on a cheaper/worse airline. Plus I already have access to most lounges anyway so using a first class lounge does not sound extra special to me.
cat
For me with flying I am satisfied enough that we even have the ability to fly and make it commercially available to mostly anyone.

Quote by metal4eva_22
I stopped being jealous of the success or talent of other people when I got a good job, a good band and a good wife.

However, sometimes I get a bit jealous due to the male attention my wife gets. I trust her and everything so it never really escalated into anything, though. In her home country (brazil), she was a singer in a corporate band so she'd routinely do gigs in front of a few thousand young drunk and horny people so she got a lot of attention there. We were doing the long distance relationship then so it was tough sitting at home in Montreal when I knew that she was getting dolled up to jump onstage and wow people.

It sill happens now with her projects and our two bands but it's not corporate events and I'm always there anyway.

But as I mentionned, without trust our relationship would never have blossomed so it's a non issue, really.

But no one ever flirts with me... sad panda
I get car envy every time I see a Maserati, Jaguar, Bentley, Ferrari, and the like. However, I don't let it consume me. It's been better ever since I got to drive my cousin's F-Type.

Quote by chrismendiola
F-Type.

Are you gonna be jealous towards me now?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Are you gonna be jealous towards me now?

Quote by chrismendiola
I guess I'm jealous of anyone who owns an F-Type
Quote by zgr0826
I get car envy every time I see a Maserati, Jaguar, Bentley, Ferrari, and the like.
Maserati? Yawn. Bentley? Coma-inducing yawn. Seriously, wtf?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
All I hear is envy.

Quote by ErikLensherr

next you're gonna tell me you even like range rovers smgdh

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
next you're gonna tell me you even like range rovers smgdh

Nah. Those are silly. Maseratis and Bentleys are dope to me, tho.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
Nah. Those are silly. Maseratis and Bentleys are dope to me, tho.

He's just mad that his bimmer is considered a pleb car like a Ford or a Chevy considering how many people own one now so he has to lash out somehow.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
He's just mad that his bimmer is considered a pleb car like a Ford or a Chevy considering how many people own one now so he has to lash out somehow.
No problem with that. I have a problem with boats tho, which is what a pos bentley is. I can only agree with Ferrari on that list. And by the grace of JESUS I will own a 458 someday.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
No problem with that. I have a problem with boats tho, which is what a pos bentley is. I can only agree with Ferrari on that list. And by the grace of JESUS I will own a 458 someday.

Imagine being mad at being balling and comfy in a Bentley vs being in a super stiff Bimmer ride that doesn't even go that fast (even though BMW owners like to pretend otherwise).

As if speed matters to anybody over the age of 24
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Imagine being mad at being balling and comfy in a Bentley vs being in a super stiff Bimmer ride that doesn't even go that fast (even though BMW owners like to pretend otherwise).
the suspension isn't the only thing that's stiff if you catch my drift

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 2