I have a set of guitar wall hangers coming. I wanted to know if anyone has used these on drywall; do they usually come with drywall anchors or something to hold the weight? Should I buy a set of drywall anchors myself? I know the recommended thing is to use the studs in your house, but this is not feasible here due to locations available. Thanks.
I could put something cliche here like "Music is Life", but I'd rather say.......Hello........Is it me you're looking for?!
Plenty of good drywall anchors. Find some at your local hardware rated for 30 lbs and you are golden.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
The ones I've used have come with drywall anchors. I would think most brands would. If not, definitely get some. Fuck taking chances with that. Can't have guitars fall off the wall.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Arby911I was already checking those ones out LOL!
I could put something cliche here like "Music is Life", but I'd rather say.......Hello........Is it me you're looking for?!
If you're really worried, find the studs in the wall.

Then find a board that you can attach to the studs, and do so. Attach the wall hangers to it.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I don't mess around with mine. All of mine are stud mounted. I will take a piece of 2 by 6 and run it across the wall and mount the hangers to that with the wood going into the stud. I have had hangers in 4 of my houses in the last ten or so years and never have had a problem.

There is always somebody who disagrees with me on this, and drywall anchors are enough, they can gamble on theirs.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Studs or a spanning board across studs are of course secure, but 2 75# drywall anchors will hold until the house falls down.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
dry wall anchors work great when installed properly

Last edited by Fumble fingers at Sep 5, 2016,
To be clear, I'm not arguing against anchors. I use them.

But if you're worried they won't be sufficient- for whatever reason- a spanner attached to the studs will be a secure solution. It could even be finished in such a way as to be attractive in its own right.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 5, 2016,
Here it is; need to get 2 more.
I would either use a spanner board or find the studs. I've used anchors, they work if installed properly, but I wouldn't take chances with a guitar. Find the studs or use a spanner board.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...