Page 1 of 2
I was starting to learn how to play bass and joined this site, basically became a spammer of the forums for 5 years... then as i stopped playing, and people that used to hang around here stopped posting as much, I lost interest and life took over. Is there anyone still around from 12-14 years ago still here?

Out of curiousity, is there anyone on this site born after March 2002? Go on, make me feel old!
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Not quite as long as that, but as you can see I've been a member here for over 10 years now. I initially joined to find out more about specific guitar gear enquiries (pedals, amps etc.) whereas nowadays I almost exclusively spend my time in The Pit.

I do still play, but yeah not as much as I did back then unfortunately. Probably once or twice a fortnight now as opposed to nigh on every single day as a teenager.
I don't remember you personally nor have I been a member for as long, but I definitely remember your avatar.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
yes i remember you i've been a member of this community for over 30 years now and i've seen a lot of people come and go in my time but none so much as op
pretty sure some ug members weren't even born before 2002

now how does that feel, old man ?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by matt bickerton
Not quite as long as that, but as you can see I've been a member here for over 10 years now. I initially joined to find out more about specific guitar gear enquiries (pedals, amps etc.) whereas nowadays I almost exclusively spend my time in The Pit.

I do still play, but yeah not as much as I did back then unfortunately. Probably once or twice a fortnight now as opposed to nigh on every single day as a teenager.

I think thats what happens, as you lose interest in playing, you generally loiter around the pit.

Quote by k.lainad
pretty sure some ug members weren't even born before 2002

now how does that feel, old man ?

and very old... seems like yesterday i was logging on at school and talking to people about random stuff. 31 now....

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
Hello! o/
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by JustRooster
Quitter.

Yup I almost bought a bass back the other day, I think thats why i thought of this place.

Quote by Resiliance
Hello! o/

HI! As soon as i saw the name in the 'last post' , i remembered you were an old school user!

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
your OGness
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Uh uh, there goes thebassmaster and another one of his bullshit stories!
warning: the bassmaster general has determined that coffee is good for your health ☕ ☕ ☕

assmaster.

heh.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by MinterMan22
warning: the bassmaster general has determined that coffee is good for your health ☕ ☕ ☕

qwah qwahhhhh qwah qwah
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I have seen your avatar in threads that have been bumped from many years ago
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Dreadnought
Ay wuddup bruh

Quote by theguitarist
assmaster.

heh.

I knew you two will still be here You guys are part of the furniture

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
Last edited by thebassmaster at Sep 6, 2016,
2002?

Noob.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
2002?

Noob.

Oh fug
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by thebassmaster
Out of curiousity, is there anyone on this site born after March 2002? Go on, make me feel old!

to think that someone's UG membership is older than another user's entire lifetime

woah
PM me for newts
oh hey i remember you. i lurked for ages before i finally joined
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by theguitarist
assmaster.

heh.

Beat me to it
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by GaryBillington
2002?

Noob.

Do you just lurk The Pit in the hopes of another one of these threads being made so you can post about how you've been here longer than the OP?
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by Fat Lard
2006 best UG signup year, thumb up if you agree

That awkward moment when you like your own post.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by rworsl
DON'T WORRY, I'M BACK!!!!!!!

ugh.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by chrismendiola
Do you just lurk The Pit in the hopes of another one of these threads being made so you can post about how you've been here longer than the OP?
It gives my life a purpose.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by theguitarist
ugh.

Ooooooh that's cold
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by thebassmaster
I was starting to learn how to play bass and joined this site, basically became a spammer of the forums for 5 years... then as i stopped playing, and people that used to hang around here stopped posting as much, I lost interest and life took over. Is there anyone still around from 12-14 years ago still here?

Life definitely happens. Did you sell/give away your gear?
Quote by Fat Lard
2006 best UG signup year, thumb up if you agree

2005 was the OG 2006
Godsmack_IV *Facepalm* ugh that was painful to read
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by thebassmaster
Is there anyone still around from 12-14 years ago still here?

Yes. There is.

Quote by SayItAintSo
Life definitely happens. Did you sell/give away your gear?

I know it wasn't addressed to me, but I am in a similar situation. Life happened and I don't play as much as I use to. I kept all my gear though. I will likely never part with it either. When I do play, I want to be able to play everything.
"Have a emo new year, here's a new tissue"- Def
Quote by thebassmaster
I knew you two will still be here You guys are part of the furniture

Couldn't get rid of us if they wanted to <3
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by thebassmaster

MATT!!

I'm almost never here, but I do come in for tabs a lot. I check in the boards every now and then when I feel nostalgic. I was like 15 when I joined, I spammed this board my entire adolescent life. Don't forget to mention the IRC channel (is that still up? :P). I had so much fun and learned so much about music and playing at the same time. Even though we spent a lot of time online here we all had interesting lives and we cared to share so much with this funny group of people sitting behind our big fat CRT screens back in the day. We were all like top 25 posters, we all had thousands of posts, they're all gone now. I'm 30 now and I still play every day. I play gigs and small tours with a couple of bluesrock cover bands. Les pauls and strats. Are these photo threads from back in the days still up? I remember some people like amy, jinx (rachel?), lazyguitars and garret. Is zappp the russian still site owner or did they sell it to some big company.

Oh and btw Matt, I STILL have UG's most sexeah avatar. Meh. It used to move 5 times slower.
Last edited by turinbrakes at Sep 16, 2016,
^ What's up man.

Nothing and nobody is the same as back in the day
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 2