this is the bridge from the warmoth partscaster I bought. its got a screw on floyd rose like bar. it might even be the same thread as a floyd. but its not one. its really weird with that little thin metal piece connecting the bridge to the posts. maybe its like that for some design reason? just looks?

the saddles ARE NOT stock. they are graphtec. I have no idea what saddles it came with, but these are def better than the originals were im sure.

its actually a pretty epic guitar, with a 59' in the bridge and jazz in the neck, with big apple wiring. sounds great. the rest of the hardware is confirmed decent mid-high end stuff.

but the only hardware of questionable origin is this schecter bridge. it surely seems pretty high quality, but I haven't used it with the tremolo (vibrato) unlocked -- its blocked rn. but can be unlocked.

this guitar has a really great bridge block design, where two screws are actually screwed THROUGH the steel(or zinc If its cheap) tremolo sustain block into a small block of wood and into the body of the guitar.

so the bridge doesn't go ANYWHERE when the bridge lock is in place. you can do tele double stop bends all day and have perfect tune with locking tuners, graphite hardware etc.

so even if I swap out the bridge with a Wilkinson or fender American elite 2 point system, I probably will still drill through the block and use the same bridge block design, since I actually like having a trem blocker. didn't even know the guitar came setup like that. doesn't seem to hurt the sustain noticeably, she sounds good.

but anyway, to the point -- can anyone identify the bridge in the attached picture. its kinda weird compared to normal strat trems, with the thinner, steel piece connecting the black hardware (saddles) to the black posts where it pivots.

It looks as if it just works like a normal fender bridge, but with two big screws for posts, and its definitely... different some how even if it acts/reacts the same way.

should I swap this part out? or is it good enough where I probably should just leave it since all this works been done on it?

it would be cool to know what its specs are exactly, and where it might've come from.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Sep 6, 2016,
Hard to say, I can't think of many cheap Schecters with a vintage trem so I'm inclined to say it's off one of the nicer models, but those are hard to come by. Perhaps their are some identifying marks stamped somewhere on the bridge? You may want to see if there IS a Schecter bridge that comes with Graphtec saddles, it's possible.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
dementiacaptain
Ive been looking, but honestly this guitar has earvana nut, a bunch of wiring hot rods, Duncan '59 in bridge, jazz in neck, sperzel tuners, and a great playing neck from warmoth, without any frills but a big thick rosewood fingerboard. all the wood is nice. even the pots are the highest quality. one of the push-pull knobs is actually spring loaded and push only.

the tone knobs get a wide wah wah effect even. very great range. no middle pickup though,, but they are split both ways with fender big apple wiring and standard coil split.

everything was built this way to begin with probably. It seems he had a lot of high end parts on hand, bought the body and neck, sent it to a luthier for fret finishing, and put her together.

even has the American elite neck heel.
to be honest I may not even switch the bridge, since its already drilled through for a bridge block that allows it to be screwed in and locked down tight. itd be a lot of work to add that to another bridge.

the ONLY negative is the truss rod is at the bottom of the neck like a vintage fender neck, and there is no skunk strip, but she plays and sounds gorgeous.

I honestly just thought this might be the only part that was cheaped out on, and was considering making it official with a wilkinson or fender bridge. or maybe something like a trem-king would be cool. might do that regardless

honestly its probably not worth changing, but I gotta try to unlock the bridge and use it
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Sep 6, 2016,
Yeah I doubt it would make any difference especially considering the saddles are already quality.
Schecter started out as a parts company and even made parts for Fender for a while, including the tremolo. It looks to me like you've got one of those.

It's rare enough that it might have significant value to folks that value those sorts of things.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Sep 6, 2016,
Quote by Arby911
Schecter started out as a parts company and even made parts for Fender for a while, including the tremolo. It looks to me like you've got one of those.

It's rare enough that it might have significant value to folks that value those sorts of things.

Forgot about that. Good call Arbs. TS, you might can contact Schecter, they may have a way to determine if this is the case.
Quote by Arby911

got this guitar on ebay for $650 shipped. its not a real fender, its a warmoth Stratocaster. was finished by a luthier and I got mad lucky with it. epic guitar for an epic price.

I highly doubt its some highly valuable relic. but it does seem generally pretty rare and unique.

it definitely LOOKS high quality, I haven't been able to judge its feel since I haven't taken the trem block out yet.

this is legitimately one of, if not the single, best partscaster guitar ever sold at this price. for sure. Great tone, very playable. truss rod is at the neck heel though , but the guitar is awesome.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by dementiacaptain
Forgot about that. Good call Arbs.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, that's one of Schecter's old bridges from the days before they got into mass producing guitars. I don't know how you'd find specific details, like original model name or specs, but it's probably pretty damn nice. They had a reputation for very good parts back in the day. People would make entire guitars out of all schecter parts and hardware, because they were so nice. That's why the they started doing it themselves.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6