Listen to the original version. Pay attention to the rhythm. That's really the most important thing.

OK, I listened to the original, and the strumming is pretty fast so playing full chords at exactly the same rhythm may be a bit difficult (and it just won't sound good). You need to come up with something different. Maybe play arpeggios or maybe just play the accents. The basic rhythm is (in 6/8) dotted 8th, dotted 8th, 8th, 8th, 8th.

Also, it should sound like the same song, even if you are not playing the same rhythms. I mean, you still have the same melody and the same chords. If it really feels like a completely different song, then you are most likely doing something wrong.

BTW, the chords are not 100% correct on that chord sheet, but I would guess it's close enough. But whatever, here are the correct chords: The G chord played over "let me" should have a B in the bass. On the 4th line between the Am and Fmaj7 there is this bassline (over the Am chord) that goes like A B C E, same with the 8th line (ignore the Cmaj9 and C major chords, it's just Am with the bass playing A B C E). Both Cadd9 chords should be C9 with Bb in bass (the actual notes I hear being played are Bb, D and E - why I would call it C9/Bb is because of the context). In the outro C G Am should be C G/B F. Oh, and remember to transpose all of the chords a whole step up. The guitar uses a capo on the 2nd fret.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
What most people do is figure out how to play the melody on piano with one hand and the chords (with the same rhythm as the overall song) with the other. You can take it a step further and do what Vika does (play all the parts except drums on piano). Overall you must trust your ear. I'll provide examples of piano covers that capture the whole song.

Vika playing "Harvester of Sorrow" (Metallica). Despite the original song's extensive palm muting on the guitars, she nails it. Palm muting can arguably be subsituted by playing straccato with a somewhat hard/agressive touch.

Vika playing "A little Piece of Heaven" (Avenged Sevenfold). This arrangement is gold but a bit shorter than the original.

A Piano cover of "Left Behind" (DA Games). I'm a bit of a FNAF fan and this guy covers the franchise's fan-songs wonderfully (he's also done most of them by ear).

By the way, I specialize in bass but play guitar and have skills at remixing and writing EDM. I may not be the best person to ask about piano but these are some general guidelines. Have a nice day ...
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Last edited by RonaldPoe at Sep 7, 2016,
Play to the strengths of the instrument you play.

Piano has very accessible octaves and arpeggios and allows for richer voicings than guitar. First start with just block chords and then expand from there. (I'd recommend experimenting so that voice leading is as smooth as possible.)