Hello!
I wonder what you make of this song I wrote that my friend sang on for me.
I would be keen to hear feedback more than "dude, you need to go on holiday" which is all I've got so far from other friends.

Will critique anything in return
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Nice track you got here. My favorite aspect of this mix is how well the drums and bass blend together. You can really hear the room sound on the drums, which is cool. Imo, there is maybe a bit too much of the snare (bleeding into other mics?). The guitar tone is pretty spot on, but could be warmer-sounding and less "trebley." The vocals are really clear and in tune your friend has a good voice. Only thing I would have liked to hear is some more guitar leads during the instrumental parts, but that's just me. Otherwise, it sounds really good.
Production is solid in my opinion. Just listening on headphones, but the mix sounds solid to me - every thing sits well and nothing seems out of place.

Like the bit coming in around 1:43, just a feel good sounding guitar part. Playing on everything is tight. Writing is good too, my only preference would be to do something more with the bass - I feel like that would give the song a nice something extra. Vocals sound good, clear and present. The singer has a nice voice and delivered well, my only critique is some of the verses sounded a bit off (some of the lower notes seemed a bit sharp).

Overall, nice track! Also, are the drums real?
Quote by elementwood89

Overall, nice track! Also, are the drums real?
Yes they are!
Thanks for the feedback all.
If you want a nice surprise, check out the album version on Spotify
I'll get to your music Aaron after work tomorrow I hope
ZEN JUDDHISM
hybrid 6.0
Sorry for late C4C. The guitar riff is super catchy, and I really like the grungy mid-heavy tone. Everything sounds well recorded and balanced well in the mix too, vocals are clear. I feel like the song is missing an epic guitar solo somewhere though and I reckon if you added one it would really enhance the song! Good job though!
Overall it's very good! Good guitar tone, singer is good, she has a geddy lee vibe (I don't know if it's good or bad, haha) but I wish she belted out the vocals. Was she afraid of singing too loud? maybe because of neighbors? Starting about one third of the way in, she seems to be in that comfortable part of her range where she can really scream her lungs out.

The instrumental at the end is cool but I feel like you could have added more. The only instruments that really stand out are the guitar and the vocals. Why not a little bass solo or a more complex drum beat?

In your opinion, what is the hook of this song? What is the part that makes people want to listen to it again? I understand that this is a very vague comment but I feel that the song is missing something, wether more changes, a faster song, more interaction between the instruments, more solos, vocal harmonies, I don't know exactly but at the moment it seems to be missing a little bit of rocket sauce. It's already quite good but I think it's missing something to send it over the top.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1710436
Sounds great! Good, solid production on the track and the singer has a lovely voice. But I think that the guitars need a bit more "warmth"...and I hoped to hear some kind of leads in the instrumental section!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1710497
Quote by flexiblemile
Was she afraid of singing too loud? maybe because of neighbors?
It was in a studio so maybe she didn't want to wreck an expensive mic haha. In all seriousness it's just how she is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKPg1YRnSoQJyFaubSj3j5A

Quote by flexiblemile
In your opinion, what is the hook of this song? What is the part that makes people want to listen to it again?
I was trying to write a song that was like In The Evening (Zep) meets Karma Police (the only Radiohead song I really like). So it's more about the subtlety of the change into the ending and the melody there. Plus this is in the context of an album where not every song is gonna have lots of wailing away. Although yes I did say this isn't the album version but that also has the same role in that context IMO. Thanks for listening and discussing!
ZEN JUDDHISM
hybrid 6.0
Hey there! Great song! Not really my kinda music but i totally enjoyed it! You've got a great sounding drum sound! and of course nice vocals and guitars too!

Cheers!
Shsnk