Page 1 of 4
Do you enjoy meal deals? Do you often get meal deals? What is your favourite meal deal?

Meal deals are often a staple of British life. For a reasonable £3 you can get a sandwich and a packet of crisps and a drink which will fill you up for lunch and is extremely convinient when you forget to bring your lunch in or are travelling.

Do other countries have meal deals sold by supermarkets and shops? What is in your meal deal? Do you just eat burgers and tacos all the time in America for lunch? What is a nice lunch for people in other cultures and countries?
Halal snack pack

Usually less than 10 bucks with a can of soft drink
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
That sounds so fucking depressing it's not even funny
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Never really seen them as being a big thing here. Sandwich shops might have some sort of deal going most times, but then sandwich shops aren't really that big here either.

We're the kind of people who bring a packed lunch everywhere we go, and if we forget it, we go to the supermarket, get the stuff to make a packed lunch and then make a packed lunch
Quote by i_lovemetallica
That sounds so fucking depressing it's not even funny

That's why we exiled your kind
In 'poor struggling student' mode, the equivalent of 85 cents or so for a shawarma and a drink is a Godsend. Best of all it's usually clean.
I'm no penny saver, just give me a meal.

I'm hungry now, in fact. Might pick up some tacos since, as usual, we've got nothing to eat at the house.

I'm going to make such a successful living when I start living on my own. :')
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by EndTheRapture51
That's why we exiled your kind

We just couldn't stand the warm beer any more
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Chicken and stuffing sandwich, cheddar and onion Kettle chips and Fanta hmu

ye
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
i used to get them every now and then, what i preferred doing though was going into the local butchers shop where they sell all sorts of hot pastries and getting a couple of sausage rolls or something and then a drink from the corner shop cause the drinks were cheaper there and they had better selection, they also did huge bacon baguettes, not exactly healthy but whatever
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
I have a long-standing relationship with those bacon and egg sandwiches. They taste so good, but I can feel my arteries clogging with every bite. But they're so good.
I like the salt and vinegar baked walkers
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
The shop at my work does a decent meal deal. Chicken and Chorizo pasty, bottle of Coke and a Twix for £3.85.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by cha33 armstrong
I like the salt and vinegar baked walkers

someone has to eat them i suppose
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
I'm a fan of the wraps that have a chicken based play-doh like substance that is good and terrible at the same time. I'm 90% sure it will be looked back on as the predecessor of soylent green.
Quote by homeless-john
I'm a fan of the wraps that have a chicken based play-doh like substance that is good and terrible at the same time. I'm 90% sure it will be looked back on as the predecessor of soylent green.
You know a lot about food for being homeless and all
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Southern fried chicken wrap, McCoys flame grilled steak, lucozade or coke
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Joshua Garcia
You know a lot about food for being homeless and all

As a future ingredient in Sainsbury's soylent green wraps, I figure it might benefit me to learn a thing or two about food.
Fanta was great until they reduced the amount of fizz in it. Now it tastes like slightly bubbly vomit.

Does anyone remember when that become a thing? Soft drink companies making drinks that were "less fizzy" so you could supposedly drink them faster? What a fucking crap idea that was.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Fanta was great until they reduced the amount of fizz in it. Now it tastes like slightly bubbly vomit.

Does anyone remember when that become a thing? Soft drink companies making drinks that were "less fizzy" so you could supposedly drink them faster? What a fucking crap idea that was.
Why would you want a fizzy drink to be less fizzy?

It makes the burp way less impressive, and that's the only reason to drink them fast.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Fucked if I know, some executive at Schweppes or Coca Cola Amatil must have been trying really hard to justify their pay cheque.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Maybe they can save like 0.001g of aluminium from each can because it doesn't have to be as strong?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Cutting down on CO2 costs maybe
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Fanta is worse than Coke Zero.

I don't know why people choose to drink Coke Zero.

Don't even get me started on 1.75 litre bottles.
But every day there's something in the news about there being a shitton of CO2 being produced over and above our fizzy drink needs. Surely they should be making drinks more fizzy, not less.

Coca Cola causes climate change, people.
Quote by homeless-john
I don't know why people choose to drink Coke Zero.

Don't even get me started on 1.75 litre bottles.
I've come to the conclusion that it's self-loathing.

Have you tried Irn Bru Xtra btw?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Packing high-margin items together to recoup losses by bulking is a retail practice that transcends country.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I'm of the opinion that I genuinely don't understand how people still drink the full sugar versions of drinks
Quote by matt bickerton
I'm of the opinion that I genuinely don't understand how people still drink the full sugar versions of drinks

The few times I do drink soft drinks, I go for the 'regular' version. All the stuff with other sweeteners tastes different/weird.
Quote by matt bickerton
Because they taste better, and not everyone hates themselves enough to choose diet.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Are soft drinks with "30% Less Sugar" popular overseas?

We have a heap of them over here now, the worst of which is "Coke Life" which tastes like what I imagine bong water to taste like.
Quote by matt bickerton

I drink sugar free drinks for the diabeetus factor, and since I was pretty much raised on a sugar free diet, I prefer the taste now anyway, but I see why some people like the sugary shit.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Sep 7, 2016,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I've come to the conclusion that it's self-loathing.

Have you tried Irn Bru Xtra btw?

There must be a lot of denial involved too because people insist it tastes the same as regular Coke. If those people genuinely believe that then I really do worry for them. Troubling times.

I haven't tried it yet but I can't say I've thought much of Irn Bru variants in the past. The fiery one was okay but I don't miss it.
Quote by homeless-john
There must be a lot of denial involved too because people insist it tastes the same as regular Coke. If those people genuinely believe that then I really do worry for them. Troubling times.

I haven't tried it yet but I can't say I've thought much of Irn Bru variants in the past. The fiery one was okay but I don't miss it.
It's not worth trying, tbh. It kind of tastes like supermarket own brand diet Irn Bru.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Are soft drinks with "30% Less Sugar" popular overseas?

We have a heap of them over here now, the worst of which is "Coke Life" which tastes like what I imagine bong water to taste like.

Yeah, you see that a lot here as well.

Honestly, it's like having sex with a hole in the mattress, but instead of sticking it in all the way, you leave out 30% of your penis in an effort to feel 30% less guilty.
Page 1 of 4