That sucks.

You posted what I thought was a legitimate question just to lure me into your stupid survey???

Go away.

I know how to get a pick out of a sound cavity, I wouldn't tell you if you PAID ME...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Last edited by Paleo Pete at Sep 9, 2016,
Paleo Pete I looked at that survey. It's either some kind of, "how stupid are you really", or, "Let's see how gullible you are", kind of "social engineering experiment"

The trouble with clicking on buttons placed in the middle of such experiments, is the fact they very often are connected to a malware download.

Let me explain it to you this way, "I, Captaincranky, am a Nigerian Prince. All of my helpers have been captured or killed in a failed coup attempt. I need you to send me $500.00 so that I can return to my princedom and reclaim my wealth. Since my helpers to the throne were always there to remove the guitar picks from my guitars, please attach an explanation on how to get them out. You may right it on the back of the $500.00 money order".

MODS: I know "ambiguity of intent", is not a normally ban-able offense, but in the case of this, "very new member", (GuitarGuru234), you might at least consider it..
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 9, 2016,
Quote by Tony Done
I'm more gullible than you two. I answered his survey - no problem, I don't use a pick.

It's much worse for guys like us Tony. We drop our fingers in the soundhole
Quote by TobusRex
It's much worse for guys like us Tony. We drop our fingers in the soundhole
You gotta watch out for those really thin gauge strings, especially the B-2 & e-1. They'll cut the rest of you're fingers off, when you reach for the first ones you dropped in!
Quote by GuitarGuru234
Dropping the guitar pick into the guitars sound chamber is a real hassle!
To help our engineering senior project, would you guys be willing to answer this 5 question survey to help us collect some data?
Thank you!
https://goo.gl/forms/HMPS0RIg1m0UyvlC2

I think you could at least entertain us with the reason for collecting this data?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
I think you could at least entertain us with the reason for collecting this data?
He already told you, "it's for our senior engineering project".

Since it's very unlikely anybody is going to "re-engineer" sound holes or picks, I have to make not a great leap, but a very small hop, to draw the conclusion it's "social engineering".

Let's see what have we learned? Who will click on the "submit" button? Who cares enough to take the survey? Who admits to their failings? How much do we identify with our fellow guitarists problems? Who thinks they've got a superior method worked out? < (I think that one goes to the ego).

How we answer seemingly simple questions can belie an awful lot about us.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 9, 2016,
Quote by Tony Done
I had assumed he was going to re-invent chewing gum on the end of a drumstick.

Nah man, it' all about placement, inertia, angles,rotation, and gravity assist... At least if you don't chew gum anyway