it's the 20th anniversary of the tyson vs. seldon fight AKA the night tupac shakur was shot. gotta love how it's still an open case lol way to drop the ball on that one

talk about tupac and stuff. example:
Quote by MinterMan22
all these years later and me against the world is still holding down a spot in the top 10 greatest hip-hop records of all time #hottake

post your fav 2pac tracks/call him overrated trash and suck on some east coast nutz instead/discuss your tupac death theories/try to remember where you were in september 1996/give your fuck offs/etc

Me Against The World is such a good song, and the Smile music video is spooky, but a good song as well
most people were to young to really give a shit and only give a shit retrospectively when they got into him later.

same thing with kurt cobain worshippers who weren't even in double digit ages when he left.

or freddie mercury.

or chuck schuldiner (tho I would've been old enough to really take notice at the time but I only got into Death like 5 yrs later)

etc.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
YO real talk here's a #hottake and it's not very popular in hip hop circles, except it is but people like to pretend it isn't.

2Pac is way overrated 'cause he was in a notorious beef and then was murdered. He was, at best, an average rapper and his songs were never great. Biggie was way more skilled, and his songs were better. All Eyez On Me > Me Against the World
Quote by MinterMan22
call him overrated trash and suck on some east coast nutz instead

Damn, I just got inb4'd.

I guess it's all 'cause, for the most part, I value lyrical and flow skills in hip hop more than others, but I understand this wasn't 2Pac's game.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Sep 7, 2016,
Quote by chrismendiola
YO real talk here's a #hottake and it's not very popular in hip hop circles, except it is but people like to pretend it isn't.

2Pac is way overrated 'cause he was in a notorious beef and then was murdered. He was, at best, an average rapper and his songs were never great. Biggie was way more skilled, and his songs were better. All Eyez On Me > Me Against the World

Damn, I just got inb4'd.

I guess it's all 'cause, for the most part, I value lyrical and flow skills in hip hop more than others, but I understand this wasn't 2Pac's game.

i think his appeal lies in how he was such a contradictory personality that was sort of representative of hip-hop as a whole at the time. constantly flexing on everyone just to hide the insecurity of feeling so vulnerable with everything bad happening around you yknow? one second he's trying to be the voice of positive change in his community and the next he's out for revenge, further perpetrating the cycle of violence. not gonna lie, a lot of his shit is boring but there's times when he lets his guard down and it resulted in some of the strongest stuff outta that era. like he definitely wasn't the most talented lyricist around but through all that uncertainty in his approach he could create a sense of overwhelming paranoia better than anyone else i think.

i've always been indifferent towards biggie. worst thing he ever did was allow puffy to open his dumb mouth.

i didn't grow up listening to him and by thte time i got into rap i was into east coast and the whole west coast aesthetic was really unappealing to me. i never got the hype and i kinda feel like one of those guys that's all "yeah would he be considered goat if he hadn't been shot" but at the same time i can appreciate that basically what orson said. in retrospect he was prolly pretty legit

at the end of the day, i respect what the way other people feel about him/his music. legit.
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by theguitarist
most people were to young to really give a shit and only give a shit retrospectively when they got into him later.

same thing with kurt cobain worshippers who weren't even in double digit ages when he left.

or freddie mercury.

or chuck schuldiner (tho I would've been old enough to really take notice at the time but I only got into Death like 5 yrs later)

etc.
i used to be all into the Courtney killed Kurt shit when i was in my early teens.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
RIP 2pac, I share with you 3pac:

Quote by UltimateGuizar
He was better when he was in The Police, before he gone solo.

Worthless poster.
Wasn't he asked who shot him right before he died,? pretty sure his answer was "fuck you pig."

In fact I'll save you the google:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/6099260/tupac-shakur-2pac-last-words-says-first-responder-cop-chris-carroll
He simply said 'fuck you' I guess. Unless the cop's totally making it up.
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 8, 2016,
Quote by chrismendiola
All Eyez On Me > Me Against the World

This.

Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you