First of all bear with me I'm a beginner and I'm looking to buy my first guitar. Does anyone have the PC15ECE and AEG10II and could tell me what they think about them.

- I didn't really want the full size dreadnought hence these are both kinda grand concert size plus the aeg is slim I believe
- These are both spruce top which provides a clearer punchy sound correct?
- I like the look of some of the natural cedar tops but they sound warmer and sound lingers and buzzes too me I feel like I'll enjoy finger picking so I was thinking spruce.

Any other recommendations preferably around or under $300 similar to these also just acoustic is fine.

I apologize for probably sounding dumb just looking for some insight.
The AEG10 simply has to be trash. I wouldn't take a left handed AEG18 (AEG 15?) off the wall it sounded so much like cardboard. And I'm left handed. I have an AEL10 which is only mediocre, in spite of the much larger, full depth body. IF Ibanez is saying, "spruce top", then it's laminated.

Look at Yamahas. There are several (IIRC)l with solid spruce tops in your price range.
Captaincranky
Quote by Captaincranky
The AEG10 simply has to be trash. I wouldn't take a left handed AEG18 (AEG 15?) off the wall it sounded so much like cardboard. And I'm left handed. I have an AEL10 which is only mediocre, in spite of the much larger, full depth body. IF Ibanez is saying, "spruce top", then it's laminated.

Look at Yamahas. There are several (IIRC)l with solid spruce tops in your price range.

So would the Ibanez PC15ECE be a bad choice too? And thanks I'll take a look at Yamahas. I though Ibanez was a good brand though.
Quote by mrgreen13
Captaincranky

So would the Ibanez PC15ECE be a bad choice too? And thanks I'll take a look at Yamahas. I though Ibanez was a good brand though.

The AEG10 is a good guitar if your only qualifications are an acoustic that has a small body, cutaway, and a pickup. Both of the guitars you mentioned are going to sound the same. I've played them both and they are very thin sounding acoustics.

If you want a pickup built in, I would recomend the Yamaha FSX800C : http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha/FSX800C-Small-Body-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar.gc

If pickup doesn't matter, you can save $100 and get the same guitar without a pick up: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha/FS800-Folk-Acoustic-Guitar.gc

These are both what they call solid top guitars. Without going too in depth, the top piece of wood is only one layer. This makes it sound a lot better, and it will get better with age, but it is also prone to humidity. The guitars you're looking at are laminate tops. They are multiple layers of wood glued together. This thins out the tone, but they are less prone to damage from a lack of humidity.

In the end, you have to play them. Go with what you think feels the best, and what sounds the best to you. Although, the difference between the guitars you mentioned and the 800 series Yamaha's are day and night.
"The mind is everything. What you think, you become."
Quote by mardisaaron
The AEG10 is a good guitar if your only qualifications are an acoustic that has a small body, cutaway, and a pickup. Both of the guitars you mentioned are going to sound the same. I've played them both and they are very thin sounding acoustics.

If you want a pickup built in, I would recomend the Yamaha FSX800C : http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha/FSX800C-Small-Body-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar.gc

If pickup doesn't matter, you can save $100 and get the same guitar without a pick up: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha/FS800-Folk-Acoustic-Guitar.gc

These are both what they call solid top guitars. Without going too in depth, the top piece of wood is only one layer. This makes it sound a lot better, and it will get better with age, but it is also prone to humidity. The guitars you're looking at are laminate tops. They are multiple layers of wood glued together. This thins out the tone, but they are less prone to damage from a lack of humidity.

In the end, you have to play them. Go with what you think feels the best, and what sounds the best to you. Although, the difference between the guitars you mentioned and the 800 series Yamaha's are day and night.

Thanks so much for your help btw.

So I'm looking at the Yamaha you recommended do you know of any others that provide a nice bright clear sound I think I will enjoy doing a lot of finger picking and some light strumming.

This video of the one I was originally looking at seems to sound really good to me like better than the yamaha could you take a look and possibly know of others that sound this good.

Video of ibanez

video of yamaha
Quote by mrgreen13
Thanks so much for your help btw.

So I'm looking at the Yamaha you recommended do you know of any others that provide a nice bright clear sound I think I will enjoy doing a lot of finger picking and some light strumming.

This video of the one I was originally looking at seems to sound really good to me like better than the yamaha could you take a look and possibly know of others that sound this good.

Video of ibanez

video of yamaha

No problem. I suggest going with what you think sounds the best. Everyone's ear is different. Again, you'll never know for sure until you play them. Even guitar to guitar, they will all be very slightly different, if not in sound, in feel.

All three of these guitars are spruce tops, and mahogany back and sides. (Although, the Yamaha have solid spruce tops.)

I'm a manager in a music store. Ive played thousand dollar guitars that ive hated, and $100 guitars I've loved. It's all in preference. I'd say go with the ibanez. The Yamaha is a nicer guitar, but it's all in the player.
"The mind is everything. What you think, you become."