Based on the two tracks sounds promising. Atmospheric with real bouncy riffs. Vocals are great.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Quote by Kytokinesis
Based on the two tracks sounds promising. Atmospheric with real bouncy riffs. Vocals are great.

I was thinking some people here wouldn't appreciate the "bounciness" but I think they are tastefully done so no harm no foul and Swanson can do no wrong in my book the dude is just talented I don't think he is God-Tier but he is definitely in the upper echelon not because of perfect vocal technique or anything like that but just because the fucker is persistent and has a vision for what heavy metal should be. This "vision" seems to lend a very blue collar ethic to his approach which in my mind fits the music well.
Last edited by Falsehammer at Sep 8, 2016,
The Magic Circle guys are just everywhere now.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Phil Swanson is great. I kinda wish he would stick with a band and stay there, but eh. Vestal Claret and Hour of 13? I'm down for whatever this dude does. Definitely echoing sentiments regarding..."his vocals are fucking deadly"

Riffs though. There's so many good riffs too.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
The Magic Circle guys are just everywhere now.

So this is Magic Circle with Swanson on Vox? Fuckin nice I didn't realize that when I posted it

EDIT: After further investigation it is Magic Circle's drummer with Eternal Champion's drummer on guitar. Eiither way it works out nicely
Last edited by Falsehammer at Sep 18, 2016,
Listening to The Guardian right now, it's pretty fun listen....vocals are great as with most things this guy has done

Just kind of feel that the guitars promise a lot..but feel reigned in a bit - never truly explode
Very good music regardless.
I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE BECAUSE

I CAN FEEL YOU'RE NEAR

My favorite moment on The Guardian when he dons those haunting high vocals. That song is SSS-tier.

Someone watch over me

Someone, maybe you

The Guardian is my jam. It took a little while for me to get into this fully, but fuck me this is good. Riffs? This album is about movement. Everything is so simple, and pure.

Those vocals just have the right level of dynamics and enough reverb/echo to really make them perfectly placed. His rhythm is beautifully done.
Quote by severed-metal
This album is about movement.

Totally. The riffs on Timelash and Blind just have pure, driving locomotion.

Last edited by Kytokinesis at Aug 20, 2017,