Hi, i just ordered a bugera V22 but i'm still trying to figure out a way of using it with headphones and recording with the PC, would a multi-effects pedal like zoom G3X allow me to do this and would they sound good together ?

Thanks!
Sure. I'd suggest a seperate pedal for distortion though, if you plan on using distortion. Cheap mfx dirt isn't very good.

Aside from that the G3x is an extremely useful lil box.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Should i run it in front of the amp or in the FX loop ? Any tips about what NOT to do when plugging and using those 2 together ? I've never owned a tube amp before, wouldn't want to damage it
Quote by Noctie
Should i run it in front of the amp or in the FX loop ? Any tips about what NOT to do when plugging and using those 2 together ? I've never owned a tube amp before, wouldn't want to damage it

I need that answer also...just bought Bugera v22, G3X, and a dynacomp box. Just back into this and I am puzzled. Too many options,ins-outs, and agree about ruining tube amp. Cmon experienced players..help a guy get up and running

New Les Paul wants to be played.....(knew I should have bought these locally)

Sigh☮???
Michael ?☮??
Technically you can do either. If you're not using the dirt, compressors or wah type stuff, definitely put it in the fx loop. Imo delay, reverb, tremolo, looper, that sorta stuff goes best in the fx loop. Also, amp modeling is best used in the fx loop imo (note the G3 has the global setting for where your putting it in the chain).

I'm no tech, I'd suggest you read up on it, but your fx loop is a spot to put fx in between your preamp and power amp. An example of this would be using a looper in your fx loop, you can loop a phrase whilst dialed in clean, then play back and turn up the preamp gain on your amp for an overdriven lead tone and it won't affect the clean tone of the loop. Same if you have a dirt pedal in front and a looper in the fx loop.

Tube amps aren't really all that scary. Imo the only reason they are perceived as high maintenance is cause they can actually be fixed...there's no maintenance involved with a L6 Spider cause once it breaks you throw it away. Changing tubes is like changing a light bulb, no big deal and so infrequent that its well worth its purpose.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Sep 9, 2016,
Yep i've been reading about the fx loop, sounds pretty cool. Just one more question, if i have the g3x in the fx loop and then plug in headphones on the g3x or a PC to record it, the amp will be completely bypassed, right ? I'm guessing the sound quality won't be as good or am i wrong ?

Thanks for your time
lucky1978thanks for the info...manual shows but with all different inputs..still a bit confusing. Bugera has effects loop in and effects loop out . Sounds like the G3X goes in the input for that and your guitar uses the output.. Does that sound right??

Sorry for the stupid questions

?☮??
Michael ?☮??
Noctie, if the G3 is in your fx loop your amp has to be on. The amp models in the G3 sound pretty good through headphones, you may be better off simply using just the G3 for pc recording. I'm not a fan of the amp models through an amp but they sound good through headphones or computer speakers.

Mike4, it goes fx loop out > G3 > fx loop in. You could however use only the power amp of the Bugera and the G3 amp models by plugging your guitar into the G3 and the G3 into fx loop in/return and leave the fx loop out/send empty. That'll bypass the Bugera's preamp. Imo the amp sounds better, live, than anything the G3 can do so I'd suggest just plugging it in the normal way; fx loop send/out > G3 > fx loop return/in and using your amp or seperate pedals for dirt, compressor, etc.

Good luck guys!