Yeah, it's actually the color. Pretty stupid for the customers in my opinion, but it makes it pretty clear for Gretsch themselves, the distributor and the store. Little margin of mistakes when sending them out for orders.
Quote by dspellman

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Yeah, it's actually the color. Pretty stupid for the customers in my opinion, but it makes it pretty clear for Gretsch themselves, the distributor and the store. Little margin of mistakes when sending them out for orders.

Thanks a bunch!!
FWIW I like the sparkly silver on, I saw Brian Sezter playing one live and it looked amazing on stage!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
FWIW I like the sparkly silver on, I saw Brian Sezter playing one live and it looked amazing on stage!

Brian is a well-known Gretsch player, but I've never seen him with a sparkly one. Billy Zoom of X, OTOH...well, he player them a lot...

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Brian is a well-known Gretsch player, but I've never seen him with a sparkly one. Billy Zoom of X, OTOH...well, he player them a lot...

Yeah I know Brian uses hollow bodies 99% of the time usually orange, but I saw him break out a sliver sparkly Jet solid body every time I saw him live with his orchestra, if you go to his website image page there is a shot of him playing it in the third row.

http://www.briansetzer.com/images/

Brian is incredible to watch live one of my all time favorite guitar players!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Sep 9, 2016,