Page 1 of 2
An operation to rescue people trapped overnight in a series of cable cars in the French Alps has resumed.
Forty-five tourists spent a cold Thursday night suspended above the glaciers of Mont Blanc at an altitude of about 3,800m (12,468ft).
They were among 110 people initially trapped when the cable cars ground to a halt on Thursday afternoon.
It is believed that the cars stopped after cables became tangled in high winds.

Sixty-five people were evacuated by helicopter late on Thursday but the rescue operation had to be suspended on Thursday night when night fell and clouds hampered visibility.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37314661

NOPE

Imagine being one of the people who didn't make it off in time. Rescue worker comes in, you think 'finally it's my turn!' and all they say is 'they've had to stop the operation because it's dark, windy and dangerous, but hey here's some blankets and food and it's summer so it's not that cold is it? You'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiine'

Fuck. That.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

They're rich enough to go on a skiing holiday in The Alps so I don't have many sympathies.
Nah, I'd be chill.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by EndTheRapture51
They're rich enough to go on a skiing holiday in The Alps so I don't have many sympathies.

Yeah they're probably all Tories anyway. Just leave them there
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Yeah rich people don't have feelings or anxiety and all their money is definitely useful stranded 4000m above sea level

EDIT: Plus it's off season so they're probably not that rich.

Quote by RAB11
Yeah rich people don't have feelings or anxiety and all their money is definitely useful stranded 4000m above sea level

EDIT: Plus it's off season so they're probably not that rich.

Lyle is just jealous cos he lives in Oxford but still lives #tramplife
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
I've been in that cable car I think

Not to ski btw. It goes to a lookout point. We were also far from rich
Quote by ultimate-slash
We were also far from rich
You liar. You're clearly rich with love and adventure.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
at least give them a flashlight and an extended copy of CAH
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by ultimate-slash
I've been in that cable car I think

Not to ski btw. It goes to a lookout point. We were also far from rich

Lies!

Rick is only one letter away from rich

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Oxford is too gentrified for me personally I prefer the #real streets of Cambs

Cambs is as gentrified as London these days
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Bladez22
Cambs is as gentrified as London these days

Dunno where I live is full of Polish people. My housemates car got broken into the other night and a bunch of fireworks were set off right outside my window too #crime
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Dunno where I live is full of Polish people. My housemates car got broken into the other night and a bunch of fireworks were set off right outside my window too #crime

Mate you must be #nails to live there

Quote by Banjocal
at least give them a fleshlight and an extended copy of CAH

whoa

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
It's a story to tell your grandchildren.

"So, we had to wait overnight, and we decided to have an orgy to pass the time. And that's how your mother and all her cousins were conceived"
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It's a story to tell your grandchildren.

"So, we had to wait overnight, and we decided to have an orgy to pass the time. And that's how your mother and all her cousins were conceived"

Imagine a car crashing to the ground, and when they go to investigate, they find that no one in the car was wearing pants.

'twas thrusting killed the beast
Quote by ultimate-slash
Imagine a car crashing to the ground, and when they go to investigate, they find that no one in the car was wearing pants.

'twas thrusting killed the beast
Quote by Diemon Dave
I've been skiing to the French and Swiss alps like 4 or 5 times now and we're not rich.

With that being said, I know they're not exactly having a blast but if a service person is able to bring them food and blankets they're probably fine. There have been many cases of cars detaching from the cables or falling towers taking down tens of cars with them because of violent winds. This also happens with ski lifts where you're basically just sitting on a bench some 20 meters of the ground. If the winds are that bad ain't no service bitch bringing you shit.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I've been skiing to the French and Swiss alps like 4 or 5 times now and we're not rich.

With that being said, I know they're not exactly having a blast but if a service person is able to bring them food and blankets they're probably fine. There have been many cases of cars detaching from the cables or falling towers taking down tens of cars with them because of violent winds. This also happens with ski lifts where you're basically just sitting on a bench some 20 meters of the ground. If the winds are that bad ain't no service bitch bringing you shit.

definitely are

it's bloody expensive, we only went when we were rich
See Slovenes probably have much lower wages than you but we don't go bankrupt from rent and university fees. And we're all generally misers who rarely buy shit unless we absolutely need it. Makes it easy to save up money.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
See Slovenes probably have much lower wages than you but we don't go bankrupt from rent and university fees. And we're all generally misers who rarely buy shit unless we absolutely need it. Makes it easy to save up money.

That is so me

How much do you pay for a typical skiing holiday? Ski hire and lift passes and accommodation are the most expensive thing I'd guess, and unless your travel agents are much cheaper then I can't see costs being different.

If they are I am booking through a Slovene travel agent though thanks
sounds banter tbh
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
There's always gonna be that one dickhead who starts rocking from side to side and claiming to hear a cable snap though isn't there?

Travel agents?

You just rent a place at a ski resort and go there. Obviously you rent like 6 months early to get it cheap. Most people here already own skiing equiptment so no need to hire that. Ski pass usually comes free with your accomodation. The biggest cost after accomodation is travel, it can be a 1000 km one way for us which is a lot of petrol, two or three countries which adds up in highway fees and the alpine tunnels are a fucking ripoff, some have a 50€ one way toll. The place is like 500€ per person for a week, so it's should come down to bellow the average monthly wage in the UK even for three people staying.

Though we've seen offers for a week's skiing holiday at 200€ - 300€ per person, everything included.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Travel agents?

You just rent a place at a ski resort and go there. Obviously you rent like 6 months early to get it cheap. Most people here already own skiing equiptment so no need to hire that. Ski pass usually comes free with your accomodation. The biggest cost after accomodation is travel, it can be a 1000 km one way for us which is a lot of petrol, two or three countries which adds up in highway fees and the alpine tunnels are a fucking ripoff, some have a 50€ one way toll. The place is like 500€ per person for a week, so it's should come down to bellow the average monthly wage in the UK even for three people staying.

Though we've seen offers for a week's skiing holiday at 200€ - 300€ per person, everything included.
A sure sign of the bourgeoisie.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
A sure sign of the bourgeoisie.

Nah.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Travel agents?

I would say biggest cost:
Accomodation
Lift pass
Ski hire
Travel

Only really REALLY rich middle class people own skis because people in Britain rarely own buy shit unless they need it
I mean my town only has 10,000 people and we have a small ski slope and three or four ski jumps - skiing is pretty widespread here. When my parents were kids they'd basically get someone with a tractor to tow 10 to 20 kids up the local slope at a time, instead of a lift. I go skiing every year with friends who recieve government financial aid cuz of low income.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Mind you the nearest ski resort is 45 minutes from my house, the furthest maybe 2 hours. You just wake up at 7 o'clock, throw your shit in the car, pick up your mates and go skiing for the day. Ski pass is like 20 to 30€, petrol maybe 5€ per person and you bring food from home.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
I went skiing on a dry slope in Brentwood many times which was fun

I genuinely need to get out skiing again it's absolutely incredibly fun and since I haven't been abroad to do it since I was about 9 years old I reckon it'd be a great holiday

Shame all my mates are not middle class enough to ski I will move to the communist utopia of Slovenia brb
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Nah.

Nice recent daguerrotype.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I wanna go to Sarajevo and go skiing...that place looks dope.

My parents also bought a property near the Snowy Mountains here, so I may use that to go to the snow occasionally.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Page 1 of 2