I have a Lyon li15. I got it when I first started playing guitar. It was a cheap $80 guitar. I've since upgraded to a better guitar, obviously, but I want to do something with the it now. I want to make it playable and sound good.

I want to change the pickups and bridge and finish. But the problem I'm having is, I don't know how to get this finish:

Does anyone know how I can get this? My guitar is the same as the one shown (except the one shown has different pickups and bridge) It looks like he just sanded off the paint but it looks really nice. mine is black.

Thanks.

I hope this is the right place to put this.
Sanding would make it less smooth. You may want to use something to strip your current finish and then add a stain then a satin finish. That's what it looks like to me. I'm no expert on finishes (yet, I'm learning ) but I'm sure if you looked it up and/or went to your local hardware store they may have some information and finishes for you to look at.
Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
is that an WI64 in that pic? i had a distressed version (WI64-D?)

i bought one for $200 ages ago, probably the only guitar i regret getting rid of.

as glamorous as redoing your first cheap guitar is, i wouldn't bother. you will sink in a lot of money and at its core, its a cheap $80 guitar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/