Question about running stereo amps

So i have a Hughes and Kettner tubemeister 18 and I love it but iv been wanting to get something like a Fender blues junior to run stereo with it. The problem is the Hughes and Kettner has an effects loop and the junior doesn't. I was wondering if it was possible to run > guitar > front end pedals > Signal splitter > Signal 1 goes to the Hughes and Kettner > signal 2 goes through all the stereo effects and into the Junior > then the send of the Hughes and Kettner goes through the other side of the stereo effects and into the return. I'm wondering if most stereo effects work to where 2 slightly different signals could pass through, one being the guitar signal going to amp 1 and the other being a effects loop going to amp 2. also I'm worried there might be some volume problems considering one side of their stereo effects would be line level and the other not, so they might process the sound differently.

Anyway, any insight to this weird setup of mine would be appreciated,
Thanks
not to be a pain, but i can't concentrate at the moment. it would be helpful to have it drawn out. lol.

all i can say is that i don't think it will work way you are thinking it is. but i am a little overtired. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Stereo effects are a PIA to work with in general, and if you don't have a balanced pair of amps, they'll generally sound like crap. Moreover, the way you're attempting it is going to be a hassle. Modelers solved the whole stereo effects conundrum, because some of them have routing options that make it all much easier. Even then, unless you have significant separation, you're not going to hear enough of the results to make it sound good.
I ran stereo for a while using a Peavey MX with an effects loop.

I ran an Arion Analog Delay into the effects loop, it has mono in and stereo out. One side of the stereo out went back into the PEavey, the other to a separate amp on the other side of the stage. That one was a simple Radio Shack 4 channel PA amp, just a volume knob and 4 channel volume sliders into one 12" speaker. All other effects were inline, before the MX. All I had at that time was a distortion pedal and volume pedal though.

It worked great. Stand in the middle of the stage and have someone turn the volume up on the PA amp until I hear stereo, from there everything is controlled from the main guitar amp. Since the effects loop already has the EQ and preamp gain from the amp, no need for EQ on the other amp, just volume control. Once it was set, it mirrored anything I did to the main amp, never had to touch the PA amp again. Simple, easy to handle, and the bass player loved it because he could finally hear me well enough. If you want to run stereo, that's a good way to handle it. No need to worry about an effects loop for the second amp, one pedal with stereo out does the trick, though the effects loop of the primary amp.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Sounds like a recipe for ground loop hum.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Nope, no ground hum at all. Even with both plugged into different outlets, never had any hum except when setup under neon beer lights..as usual...

I've run a dual amp system with the Super Reverb a few times too, and found it did get a lot of ground loop hum, until I plugged the second amp into the built in power plug on the back of the Super Reverb.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by ccameraboy
Question about running stereo amps

So i have a Hughes and Kettner tubemeister 18 and I love it but iv been wanting to get something like a Fender blues junior to run stereo with it. The problem is the Hughes and Kettner has an effects loop and the junior doesn't. I was wondering if it was possible to run > guitar > front end pedals > Signal splitter > Signal 1 goes to the Hughes and Kettner > signal 2 goes through all the stereo effects and into the Junior > then the send of the Hughes and Kettner goes through the other side of the stereo effects and into the return. I'm wondering if most stereo effects work to where 2 slightly different signals could pass through, one being the guitar signal going to amp 1 and the other being a effects loop going to amp 2. also I'm worried there might be some volume problems considering one side of their stereo effects would be line level and the other not, so they might process the sound differently.

Anyway, any insight to this weird setup of mine would be appreciated,
Thanks

this should work.

if all your effects are true stereo throughput then the Left Side should be effectively independent of the Right Side, like as if you are using two different sets of pedals. if some of the effects have mono throughput the signals may mingle together. effectively all you are really doing is using the preamp of the H&K as something like an OD/distortion pedal.

use the amp's volumes to deal with any volume differences.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Sep 13, 2016,
Don't. I would forget about the effects loop of the H&K for any stereo effects. You can still use it for echo/reverb.
ccameraboy, are you using distortion from the H&K, or just from pedals? You might be better running only one signal into the stereo effects, then running the outputs into the front of your amps?

I have to confess though, I have never used any dual-input effects in that way, maybe once running the two outs of one stereo pedal into the two inputs of another.