I got a focusrite 2i4 for DJing and I "accidentally" got into guitar and now I use it for that. It's compact enough and it sounds decent. Haven't had any problems with it so far!
Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
I got pretty close to 0ms I believe on my m-audio fast track. Hopefully the 2i4 will do the same... I went and bought one off ebay
ON a M-Audio Fast Track? Most likely a pipe dream unless he is talking monitoring the input at source. Some audio interfaces have that so if you're recording an already effected sound you don't have to worry about latency at all.

Back in the day it was by splitting the signal into two parts - one going direct into the DAW and being recorded, muted so it doesn't feed back, the other part going into a monitoring mixer where the output of the DAW goes on another channel, then both signals are mixed in for monitoring. That's how we did it before fancy audio interfaces. Some time in the game the audio card manufacturers discovered that we want this feature and they built the split into the interfaces themselves, either in the hardware like this "Mixer" feature which blends the inputs to the left with the playback to the right:
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmlm-s1-p.mlstatic.com%2Fpresonus-firepod-fp-10-interface-de-audio-fp10-11899-MLM20050842319_022014-F.jpg&f=1
or in some kind of fashion on the driver software as usually seen on later models:
(notice DAW1 and 2):
Last edited by diabolical at Sep 12, 2016,
0ms? My old Digi HDI/0 192 couldn't even get 0ms. I'm calling shenanigans.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
0ms is literally impossible, there's always some delay added with AD/DA.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.