Just picked this up today after a few days of discussion through the Gumtree messaging service. It's a '11-'12 Mexican Fender Jazz in Candy Cola and cost me £350GBP. The previous owner, who I think bought it new, switched the pots after one became faulty, so they're now 500K. He also switched the controls to chrome Precision style ones. It came with a soft case and strap, and he threw in a stand that he was no longer in need of. He also took an hour long train ride to meet me halfway, which was nice. Note for anyone who ever needs to go to or meet someone in Reading station, - turns out there are two ticket buying areas and two information kiosks.

It's very near spotless, no chips, just a couple of faint, shallow scratches. Neck is fast and comfortable, action is nice and low. At 9.7lbs, it's lighter than my first Jazz, which is about 14lb. Somehow feels like a greater difference, but maybe that's the contouring, which the '76 doesn't have. I've just played through a few things so far to test it, and it sounds great. It has a nice, well rounded tone, and I think it may well become the first bass I pick up before long.

And now for the pictures. First few are actually from the advert, last two I took myself when I got home.

Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
HNBD! Looks minty, makes me miss my old MIM.

Now it just needs some chrome bridge and pup covers...
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
wow very nice

lol at the train station thing

14lbs? WTF?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks.

Yeah, I don't entirely understand the reasoning for the layout it has. I expect it comes from having several different lines passing through, they probably didn't want to move the lines too much to make them all fit. But it's a bit of a mess, especially if you've never been there before. But what the guard referred to as "the actual station" is actually a glorified walkway between a few platforms. It has one information kiosk and I think one or two ticket machines and one wide staircase down to the street. The downstairs part meanwhile, has the ticket office, a larger information desk with screens showing arrivals and departures, and several shops.

Yes. 14. Well, 13.7ish. I love it, but it's far too heavy to play for anymore than about 30 minutes, and that's if I'm sitting down. Hence the buying of a new one. It has a sort of block body with only minimal contouring on the front.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
I'm two stops down from Reading, that place is a fucking nightmare and whenever I'm there there's someone trying to pull a massive suitcase up the escalators.

HNBD though. Red and maple is the best finish a Fender can have. Mine happens to be rosewood and baked beans.
Quote by GAPendragon

Yes. 14. Well, 13.7ish. I love it, but it's far too heavy to play for anymore than about 30 minutes, and that's if I'm sitting down. Hence the buying of a new one. It has a sort of block body with only minimal contouring on the front.

wow. yeah the sitting down probably helps a little. if it were standing up i think i'd be doing well to hack that for 30 seconds!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have an Accubass that weighs that much. It pretty much stays at home these days; like you my back just can't take that kind of weight anymore--even with a wide padded strap
i kinda banjaxed my back there a while back, i was sitting at the laptop and all of a sudden i was like, "hang on, my back doesn't feel quite right "

then the next day or two I couldn't move all that well

it healed up pretty well after than but ever since i notice if i'm playing a heavy guitar or bass, I can feel my back after not very long
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?