Page 1 of 3
They don't sell these things in Ireland. Myself and the partner found a packet for sale in a shop for some reason, and decided to buy them. Cookie dough flavour.

They're ok. Like a giant biscuit. What is the point of them though? Are they a snack? Dessert? Breakfast?

Also, the label included loads of stuff about how they use GMOs and additives that harm children? Is that on the label in the US, or is it an EU thing (they were as part of a massive sticker, not the original packaging).
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ive only had poptarts 2 or 3 times, last time I was in Florida about 8 years ago. I liked them a lot, but they were advertised as breakfast items and eating that kind of stuff for breakfast is weird.

I think they'd be best as evening snacks or desserts

Quote by danielh123.
We get them in the UK and I know of people using them as breakfast. I literally can't eat them, they give me a crazy achey head/jaw/teeth thing. Way too sweet.

Where can you get them from? I've always meant to keep an eye out for them but never have
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Sep 10, 2016,
Quote by JackSaints

Where can you get them from? I've always meant to keep an eye out for them but never have

Just supermarkets, Tesco and Sainsbury's definitely do them. If you're in Southampton I think there's one of those American shops if you fancy spending triple the RRP
I'll have to check out the local Tesco/Sainsburys. Normally I only ever shop for booze and sweets, which is probably why I've never noticed poptarts anywhere before.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Also, the label included loads of stuff about how they use GMOs and additives that harm children? Is that on the label in the US, or is it an EU thing (they were as part of a massive sticker, not the original packaging).

Triggered.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
They're ok. Like a giant biscuit. What is the point of them though? Are they a snack? Dessert? Breakfast?

yes
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Like a giant biscuit.
You people. Calling cookies 'biscuits'
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
S'mores are really the only flavor worth eating. And they are more like a dessert imo.

Quote by Ur all $h1t

Also I find this both hilarious and disturbing. That is definitely not on the box in the US
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Sep 10, 2016,
Quote by JackSaints

Yer bigger tescos have an american aisle just full of shite with stickers on saying "the nutritional values on the box are a lie"
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

:d a i s y:
poptarts are hella overrated
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
"GMOs and stuff that harm children"???? Are Europeans all actually retarded. Like, I know the Irish are, but the rest of Europe?

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by TunerAddict
poptarts are hella overrated

toaster strudels is where its at

chocolate ones especially
There's a few good flavors, they taste best frozen. Toaster Strudels are much better though.
I love the s'mores flavor. I used to eat them for breakfast everyday. It's a bit easy to find here.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
They don't sell these things in Ireland. Myself and the partner found a packet for sale in a shop for some reason, and decided to buy them. Cookie dough flavour.

Wow they actually require them to put "harms children"? You might as well put a skull and crossbones on the box..
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
pop tarts are a thing i buy for a quick emergency breakfast, then eat the whole box in one sitting and proceed with extreme self-loathing.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by seanlang01
"GMOs and stuff that harm children"???? Are Europeans all actually retarded. Like, I know the Irish are, but the rest of Europe?

Not a European thing tho.
Quote by Carnivean
Wow they actually require them to put "harms children"? You might as well put a skull and crossbones on the box..

Not arsed to go find the box, but it was something about it containing ingredients that can harm their attention span.

Quick google shows that it's related to this:

Since the 20th July 2010, food and drink containing sunset yellow (E 110), quinoline yellow (E 104), carmoisine (E 122), allura red (E 129), tartrazine (E 102) or ponceau 4R (E 124) is required to display the following warning message: “Name or E number of the colour(s) (e.g. Sunset Yellow): may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children.”

The warning label for these six colours, often referred to as the ‘Southampton colours’, was included in Article 24 of  Regulation 1333/2008  on food additives.

https://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/Reg%201333%20of%202008.pdf
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Sep 11, 2016,
Alright foreigners...here's the story on Pop Tarts. They were originally intended to be heated in toasters, hence the shape (perfect for toasters). When they are warm they aren't as hard, and the fruity insides get softer (and tastier).

You can eat them straight out of the package, but they are just like cookies if unheated.
Quote by TobusRex
Alright foreigners...here's the story on Pop Tarts. They were originally intended to be heated in toasters, hence the shape (perfect for toasters). When they are warm they aren't as hard, and the fruity insides get softer (and tastier).

You can eat them straight out of the package, but they are just like cookies if unheated.

Are there other ways of heating them? I've never not used a toaster.
I read this thread earlier and decided that after going out I'd get some pop tarts on the way home with my normal shopping

i forgot to get the poptarts

i feel sad now
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Preheat oven and eat your heart out
at least eat the pop tarts first
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Not arsed to go find the box, but it was something about it containing ingredients that can harm their attention span.

Quote by ultimate-slash
Not a European thing tho.

I stand corrected. Guess I've never bought anything with those additives
i haven't bought poptarts since i was like 12-13 years old

they're a pretty mediocre breakfast anyways... but a good snack if you have a glass of cold milk mmmm
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Are there other ways of heating them? I've never not used a toaster.

Sure. You can heat them up on a rack in the oven if you like. Just a guesstimate, but I'd say that 5 minutes at about 240 degrees should work without burning them.
you can wrap 'em in foil and put 'em on your engine. keeps them warm for a while too.

snack for later
Quote by Ur all $h1t

What is the point of them though?

Breakfast. They are to give ur kid when u don't feel like/have time to make a real breakfast. For some, that's everyday.

At ate them from 1980 - 1992, they were significantly better tasting than they are now. I bet they were even better before my time.

The goal is to keep turning profits, not to be an especially delicious treat.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Sep 11, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15
Breakfast. They are to give ur kid when u don't feel like/have time to make a real breakfast. For some, that's everyday.

At ate them from 1980 - 1992, they were significantly better tasting than they are now. I bet they were even better before my time.

The goal is to keep turning profits, not to be an especially delicious treat.
Ah yes, for when cereal + milk in a bowl is too taxing.

I can't stand them. Too sweet
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Ur all $h1t

Is there even one person on this earth who has been seriously harmed or brain damaged by Pop Tarts? No.

Are you feeling brain damaged now that you've eaten one?

But your govt actually spends its money to print out stickers to scare people away from fatty foods.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at Sep 11, 2016,
Page 1 of 3