Hello. I have an RG I've been neglecting because of demanding college requirements. When I took it out after so long, I found that there were molds on the neck, which I've cleaned off already. The worst part is, there are buzzing noises, when it sounded perfectly fine the last time I held it.

The only buzzing I've ever dealt with in the past is fret buzz that is easily remedied with action adjustment. I'm not sure how to pinpoint the exact problem. If it's important, the weather just changed from hot to cold, so maybe the neck warping is a possibility.

Here's a description of the buzzing:
Seems to be coming from the headstock / nut
1st and 4th strings buzz when open
3rd string buzzes on the 7th fret (noise still comes from the headstock area)

Things I've tried:
Loosen the screws on the thing that holds down the strings after the nut (I'm not sure what it's called)
Tighten the screws on the tuning pegs on the headstock
Hold down the tuning posts/washers firmly to see if the buzzing will stop and it didn't

T-T Abby. (That's her name)
Loosen the screws on the thing that holds down the strings after the nut (I'm not sure what it's called)

Those are called string trees. Tighten them back again, they need to be pulling the strings downward.

Check for a loose nut.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Paleo Pete
Those are called string trees. Tighten them back again, they need to be pulling the strings downward.

Check for a loose nut.

I had buzz due to an improper string groove in the nut before. Checking the nut is a good idea.
song stuck in my head today

First thing I'd do is change the strings if you haven't already. Then it's time for a setup.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
If the neck got damp it may have warped like you said. If that happened its possible that the truss rod had no more tension on it. Open the truss rod cover and try holding it down without turning it first and strumm the guitar. See if that was the buzz or rattle. If so i would take it to a pro to fix.

Grtz
You can also turn it a little to see if it has tension on it but dont overturn unless you know what u r doing with truss rod adjustment
Last edited by JDtooshort at Sep 12, 2016,
Hello guys! Thank you for the responses. The buzzing is gone for now!
Quote by reliqua
Hello guys! Thank you for the responses. The buzzing is gone for now!

at least tell us what it was. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/