My favorite holiday
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Yes, I often crack open a drink on the 9th of november.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
Yes, I often crack open a drink on the 9th of november.

I'm firing up the grill and taking vodka shots at 8 in the morning

I think I'm gonna tell my boss today is a religious holiday so I can get out of work.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Quote by k.lainad

I think I'm gonna tell my boss today is a religious holiday so I can get out of work.

So you're Muslim?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
So you're Muslim?

Pffftttt
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
So you're Muslim?

Lmaooo
Now that is that is what I call a joke

Do your parents give you gifts today if you're a Muslim?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Last edited by k.lainad at Sep 11, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Are you asking me cuz no. Tomorrow's Eid though which is incidental.

eid mubarak friend
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
What's Eid?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by k.lainad
Lmaooo
Now that is that is what I call a joke

Do your parents give you gifts today if you're a Muslim?

Muhammad was the OG MGTOW bro.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
When it happened I remember being in the library in 3rd grade while the teacher and librarian were listening to the radio.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Am I the only one here that still takes this day seriously?

Maybe it's because i had to do a lot of in depth research to find out who the "Falling Man" was, and learned so many horrible things about the people that were lost that day. I just feel like the importance of the day has been lost on a lot of you.
ehbacon

I think these could be a factor to the lack of sincerity:
1. Not everyone lives in New York.
2. Not enough people died to make it on the level of the holocaust in terms of paying respects.
3. Not as many people have relatives who would have been affected. For example, the only thing that makes this any more upsetting than the constant deaths in the middle east from terror attacks is the western cultural values that were attacked. Hence why we grieve so much over terrorist attacks in the west.
4. People like to get over grief in different ways. Humour is one of them.
5. It wasn't targeted at minorities. It's harder to joke about the holocaust or slavery because they were discriminatory hate crimes. Joking about 9/11 will also make you seem a bit edgy, but hey, you're technically a target of the ideology too so its not on the same level of being white and making slavery jokes.
6. 9/11 truthers point their pitchforks at their own government claiming a false flag attack which mixes up the emotions. 9/11 isn't just for grieving the people who lost their lives, but also for people to get riled up about how they think we're not being told everything.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by ehbacon
Am I the only one here that still takes this day seriously?

Maybe it's because i had to do a lot of in depth research to find out who the "Falling Man" was, and learned so many horrible things about the people that were lost that day. I just feel like the importance of the day has been lost on a lot of you.

It used to just be this abstract tragedy to me, but once I found out that people were jumping out due to the temperature, my view totally collapsed.

Oh Christ. This was not a pun, I promise. I mean that though, it's like something shatters and you realize that the outside and inside were radically different. The outside had this symbolic sense of tragedy, whereas being forced to confront the idea of choices like suicide rendered the whole thing mortifying.

I don't see the Holocaust the same way, though. The scale is too large I think. You can do so with individual experiences but the totality of that 'landmark tragedy' is immense.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Sep 11, 2016,
Im with ehbacon, i mean i can laugh at funny jokes, but all in all it should be taken seriously.

Like pearl harbor, if you were talking to someone from that era and said it was a holiday i bet theyd be pissed.

That said, I personally cant wait for sandy hook day or pulse nightclub day.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Serious note: Why take the fact that those buildings collapsed so easily as proof of a Government conspiracy, rather than as proof of New York construction companies using below par materials to reduce costs.

Edit: If one assumes that there was anything wrong with the way the buildings collapsed.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Sep 11, 2016,
Quote by bradulator
When it happened I remember being in the library in 3rd grade while the teacher and librarian were listening to the radio.
I was at a boarding school. One morning they randomly decided to take all the students out into the square, and make us stand there for a full minute in silence. They never explained the politics, they never explained the silence, the minute or what was really going on. It was pretty disturbing.

Quote by Rossenrot
Fuck this thread
I wanked to it, if that helps.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Neo Evil11
Serious note: Why take the fact that those buildings collapsed so easily as proof of a Government conspiracy, rather than as proof of New York construction companies using below par materials to reduce costs.

Edit: If one assumes that there was anything wrong with the way the buildings collapsed.

Cuz conspiracy nuts are nuts and don't much care for reality unless it's one they get to dictate to themselves.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak