Page 1 of 4
It makes absolutely no sense to put the month in front of the day in dates. Days form months and months form years. This is a LOGICAL, ASCENDING order.

Don't discuss. One side is clearly wrong.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Nah
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
as a canadian i've seen/used both to the point where it's so confusing that i just write out "September 11th, 2016"

11SEP2016 is the superior format.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by MinterMan22
as a canadian i've seen/used both to the point where it's so confusing that i just write out "September 11th, 2016"

That's like the worst system ever

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
i agree to put day/month/year in that order if we are talking about 11/9/2016 as numbers.

but if we're talking about September, 11, 2016, then the month goes first

so both are correct for the same reason.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by EndTheRapture51
That's like the worst system ever

i did not mention the imperial system in my post though

Quote by MinterMan22
i did not mention the imperial system in my post though

The imperial system is also shit but base 12 measurement systems actually make a lot of sense

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Neo Evil11
It makes absolutely no sense to put the month in front of the day in dates.

Yes it does, because it narrows down the time frame significantly right off the bat. You can see the location of the date within the year immediately, as opposed to reading through a meaningless number that can exist in almost any month.

Despite the fact that going from D > M > Y is convenient and "in the right order", M > D > Y is more accurate and efficient.

Stupid Europeans
My God, it's full of stars!
The time of year is more vital than a day when discussing information.

"The last time I was there was the 20th"
What the fuck am I supposed to do with that?

"The last time I was there was June"
Nice. Now I have a general idea to work with.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by k.lainad
i agree to put day/month/year in that order if we are talking about 11/9/2016 as numbers.

but if we're talking about September, 11, 2016, then the month goes first

so both are correct for the same reason.

No 11-Sep-16 is the best format

It actually is

With the other two formats you can have confusion on dates like 01/02/16

Quote by Trowzaa
I use pounds, stones, inches, feet and miles tho

Also

2016-09-11 is the best format

kill yourself

Quote by EndTheRapture51
kill yourself

okay, how many feet of rope do i need?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

base 12 + MDY = good for the every-day use of cretins who hate accuracy but need their mental maps filled in nice and vague

base 10 + DMY = good for people who want useful, accurate information that doesn't require pansy ass filler info

EDIT: seriously though, if you are to follow that logic at least go YMD
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
base 12 + MDY = good for the every-day use of cretins who hate accuracy but need their mental maps filled in nice and vague

base 10 + DMY = good for people who want useful, accurate information that doesn't require pansy ass filler info

fite me irl not online see what happens

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Banjocal

base 12 makes sense as a measurement system because it can be divided into halves, quarters and sixths whist retaining integers (think about what a carpenter would do)

base 10 can only be divided into halves whilst still remaining integer

Quote by zgr0826
fite me irl not online see what happens
We both know it'd end with your arse looking like an inverted vintage leather golf bag
Quote by EndTheRapture51
day first is too precise

year first is not precise enough

month first is the perfect balance just like America
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Banjocal
We both know it'd end with your arse looking like an inverted vintage leather golf bag

Yeah, right. We both know it'd end with your ASS looking like an inverted vintage leather golf bag.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by bradulator
the perfect balance just like America

the cringe is real with this one
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I mean the year is the most important one anyway. No carbon dater gives a shit about the exact day. If someone says to me "september 11th" I know they're talking about the 11th of September, but it's not until they say "1973" that I know whether it's the important one or not.

Quote by zgr0826
Yeah, right. We both know it'd end with your ASS looking like an inverted vintage leather golf bag.
I do not own a donkey.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
I mean the year is the most important one anyway. No carbon dater gives a shit about the exact day. If someone says to me "september 11th" I know they're talking about the 11th of September, but it's not until they say "1973" that I know whether it's the important one or not.

Maximum cheekiness

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Maximum cheekiness

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
needed that burn
it was getting a bit chile in here

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Maximum cheekiness
to be fair I managed to get to midday before I even saw a mention of it this time around, and it was about 1600 before the platitudes started rolling in
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Idk, usually (at least where i live) when saying a specific date aloud, such as a birthday, you will say something like "January 27th" instead of "The 27th of January"

that's how I justify it.
Quote by Dreadnought
Yes it does, because it narrows down the time frame significantly right off the bat. You can see the location of the date within the year immediately, as opposed to reading through a meaningless number that can exist in almost any month.

Despite the fact that going from D > M > Y is convenient and "in the right order", M > D > Y is more accurate and efficient.

Stupid Europeans
This is pedantic bullshit, but ok, whatever.

In America no one really gives dates as like "the 11th of September." We say "September 11th." Ergo, it makes sense to put the month first.
I guess maybe in Ye Olde Engerland people say "the 11th of September," 'cuz they feel like everything needs to be very ornate & formal, on account of they all think they are Shakespeare or some bullshit -- but it's like, dude it's 2016, fuck off.

I know in French they give the day first, so maybe it makes sense if you're on the Continent, but it sounds dumb & clumsy over here.

Ah yes, Shakespeare, the ornate and formal writer who embellishes his plays with Your Mum jokes

Honestly though I consider MDY a disaster in a formal/academic setting, in a local, oral context it's far more practical
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Banjo and I are about to throw down if he doesn't stop being so cheeky.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by neidnarb11890

I know in French they give the day first, so maybe it makes sense if you're on the Continent, but it sounds dumb & clumsy over here.

We're not on the continent

Quote by zgr0826
Banjo and I are about to throw down if he doesn't stop being so cheeky.
give me cummies daddy
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Ah yes, Shakespeare, the ornate and formal writer who embellishes his plays with Your Mum jokes

Don't get smart with me like I don't know Shakespeare, fucker.
Quote by Trowzaa
We're not on the continent

Yeah, no shit -- I was talking about French, fucker.
Villain, I have done thy mother.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 11, 2016,
Quote by Banjocal
give me cummies daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

it's just such a horrible, dirty, sticky, but "cutesy" word I have such an extreme ambivalence toward it that I kind of love it
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Page 1 of 4