Page 1 of 2
I've just read that Alexander Graham Bell worked on tetrahedral kites for 15 years.

We're always talking about all these famous scientists but how did they make a living? Especially in times when people thought science was witchcraft?
male prostitute
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Pretty sure he just practiced scales and arpeggios all day.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
they did not think science was witchcraft. pretty sure he worked at the university he was at a lot of his life
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by chrismendiola
I was fully expecting a punchline, but OP did not deliver.
I'm not your monkey.

He sold apples. He'd just loiter around apple trees all day waiting for them to fall because he was too poor to afford a ladder.
I have nothing important to say
BladeSlinger Not talking about all I'm sure a lot of them were respected scientists, but some had to do shit undercover at certain points in history, right?
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Sep 11, 2016,
Quote by Minicaxotinho
BladeSlinger Not talking about all I'm sure a lot of them were respected scientists, but some had to do shit undercover at certain points in history, right?
you do understand that most of the major scientists were quite religious, and the church itself supported scientific progress, right? like jesuits are basically super sciencey religious people. Tons of astronomers were and are jesuit. Islam contributed significantly to our scientific knowledge.

the only shit newton did under cover was attempt alchemy as far as I know, and that shit dumb.

like, the church has butted heads with science many times, as far as I know, but the church was science for a long time. Many of our big names were either devoutly religious or monks. and I'm pretty sure the church got pissed at lots of people, and some of them happened to be the scientists. it wasn't like a vendetta
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I think undercover Newton was trying to discover some secret code within the Bible, that could have been one of those wacky History Channel docs though.
BladeSlinger Well...

I still like to imagine a famous scientist making huge breakthroughs after getting home exhausted after a day selling fish at the market.
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Sep 11, 2016,
yea he was such a fig
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
the only shit newton did under cover was attempt alchemy as far as I know, and that shit dumb.

There are some dope alchemists out there though, like Paracelsus and Hermes Trismegistus. Alchemy is about as dumb as any religion not viewed from its gnostic roots
Last edited by Fat Lard at Sep 11, 2016,
Quote by Fat Lard
There are some dope alchemists out there though, like Paracelsus and Hermes Trismegistus. Alchemy is about as dumb as any religion not viewed in a gnosticism way
maybe im just linguistically discriminating against words with arabic etymology
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
droppin science

like Galileo dropped an orange
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I'll order a pizza for anyone who can vocaroo themselves saying Minicaxotinho's username 10 times as fast as they can without stumbling.

EDIT: You know what, I'll make a thread.
Last edited by JustRooster at Sep 11, 2016,
Fat Lard Yeah but he was a monk or something...

"MENDEEEEEL, come hastily now, we have lepers to attend to. Leave thy peas for another time."
If Mendel and Darwin had their work widely circulated, shit would have been so much better
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Newton died a virgin. Some speculate he was gay but refused to act on it because of his religion. If so that would be tremendously sad....a guy living his entire life in the closet...on top of never getting laid.

I'm sure death was a welcome respite to him...as well as the guy he stole all the credit for inventing Calculus from
I'm pretty sure Bill Nye the Mechanical Engineering guy made many scientific breakthroughs, and that guy was atheist.

Checkmate religitards.

Entropy and gravity are so perfectly connected that if they were off less than razor-thin, the laws of physics could not exist. There'd be nothing
Quote by EyeNon15
I think undercover Newton was trying to discover some secret code within the Bible, that could have been one of those wacky History Channel docs though.

No you're actually right he did. He was a big fan of the Bible and tried to crack the code for years but never found anything.

Neil degrass Tyson mentioned it in Cosmos so decent source.

Newton worked with Edmond Halley who is also considered one of the greatest scientific discoverers.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I once referenced Kierkegaard in an essay I wrote this one time.

That is all.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
i have yet to read kierkegaard because reasons
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
i have yet to read kierkegaard because reasons

Fear and Trembling is a must-read. The Sickness Unto Death will wreck you in a good way, but it takes a lot more mind-thinking. Niels Bohr loved Stages on Life's Way, but never read that.
Has there ever been a famous dude in the history of the world that within a few minutes of discussing him someone doesnt say that he is rumored to be gay?
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Sep 11, 2016,
Quote by Fat Lard
Fear and Trembling is a must-read. The Sickness Unto Death will wreck you in a good way, but it takes a lot more mind-thinking. Niels Bohr loved Stages on Life's Way, but never read that.
I'll pick him up eventually. he just hasn't intersected with stuff I need to read.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by EyeNon15
Has there ever been a famous dude in the history of the world that within a few minutes of discussing him someone doesnt say that he is rumored to be gay?

Elton John, maybe
anyone else thought title was setup for a joke?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by TobusRex
Newton died a virgin. Some speculate he was gay but refused to act on it because of his religion. If so that would be tremendously sad....a guy living his entire life in the closet...on top of never getting laid.

I'm sure death was a welcome respite to him...as well as the guy he stole all the credit for inventing Calculus from
He lived to be 84 as well! Incredible man, must've had a interesting personal life.
"He's A Nigerian Prince And He Wants Your Money"
Einstein worked at a patent office for 7 years
How has this not been mentioned?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
He was a promoter for the local gay bar

Why the guy was a fruit magnet!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by BladeSlinger
they did not think science was witchcraft.

Tell it to Galileo...

Quote by BladeSlinger

like, the church has butted heads with science many times, as far as I know, but the church was science for a long time. Many of our big names were either devoutly religious or monks. and I'm pretty sure the church got pissed at lots of people, and some of them happened to be the scientists. it wasn't like a vendetta

Bullshit, and contrary to pretty much all recorded history.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Sep 12, 2016,
Page 1 of 2