Yesterday my amp gave out smoke and after some time a sound came out from it. The amp was plugged but was off and I was not playing it. I unplugged it and then cool it down. Now it sounds like nothing has happened but I am worried something is cooking inside. Anybody has any suggestion what may be the problem .?
Thread was moved to forum: Guitar Gear & Accessories
My God, it's full of stars!
What you need is a new amp
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Smoked while it was off and it's still working? Weird. I wonder if there was a bug or something in there (like a literal bug) that touched something in the power supply and got fried? Have you opened it up to look around and see if you see anything scorched looking? Did it have that ozoney plasticy electrical smoke smell?
If you do open it up, please do not touch any of the internals or you may end up shocking yourself and stopping your heart. Do it with the amp off, unplugged. What amp model was it? I guess it is also possible that a strong power surge from the wall blew a fuse or something before the power switch in the circuit.
something is weird here. what amp? where are you located?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Most likely it is an easy repair. Not sure about the parts cost. But if it burned while it was off, most likely there is a problem with the power supply/switch system. You would have to see if there are other parts damaged