Hello, before I spend alot of money on a guitar interface, What would be a good one to use for Bias fx and playing with headphones ? like practicing and playing for fun.
I'm very happy with my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6. The 2i2 or 2i4 should do well enough for BIAS, however. The only difference is the amount of ins and outs. The 2i2 doesn't have a pad either, which you might want. I'd get the 2i4 if budget allows it, but the 2i2 would be fine as well.
Quote by I K0nijn I
I'm very happy with my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6. The 2i2 or 2i4 should do well enough for BIAS, however. The only difference is the amount of ins and outs. The 2i2 doesn't have a pad either, which you might want. I'd get the 2i4 if budget allows it, but the 2i2 would be fine as well.
thanks man, what does the pad do btw?
Last edited by anderssen at Sep 13, 2016,
Lowers the signal coming in. If you strum hard and have high-output pickups, the pre-amps can be too sensitive. The pad lowers the input that comes in by 10dB.

For instance, if I strum hard on my EMG-equipped guitar, the signal coming in is still too hot even with the pre-amp gain almost at zero. Enabling the pad gives more room to dial in the input gain.
I K0nijn I okay thanks and I can use 2i4 with ipad and computer?
Quote by anderssen
I K0nijn I okay thanks and I can use 2i4 with ipad and computer?

IIRC 6i6 does but you need a special cable from apple to connect. The info is on the focusrite website.

The 2i4 might work but I believe it takes a few extra steps to get it fully working on Ipad.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah the 2i4 supports windows 7 so it was a perfect choice
my 2i4 has served me well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
btw, do you guys have any good recommendations for a pair of headphones for 2i4? since I dont currently have one