Hi, I was wondering what's the difference between A Mexican and American Fender Stratocaster.

I don't mean in terms of sound but in how they're manufactured.

Also as pretty young guitarist (15) who has been playing guitar for a year and is looking into becoming a professional musician. Should I get a American or Mexican stratocaster?
I already have got an Epiphone SG G400 Pro.
The old saw is that the "MIM strats are built by mexicans in mexico.
The MIA strats are built by mexicans in the US. "

There's no difference in HOW they're manufactured, far as I'm aware.
About 175 miles or so.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
US strats have better hardware and electronics, and the fret leveling/edging is better. Both are good but the US strats get a little extra attention which can result in more consistency overall.

I think for a newer player a MIM is a very good choice. It is not a "cheapo" guitar, though I personally would look into upgrading the pickups at some point. Even many pros use MIM guitars.
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
the US ones feel better in my hands. that is why most of my current ones are American. I have a mighty fine MIM Strat as well, but the next one i buy will be American.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Some of the cheaper MIM fenders are made with 6-7 small pieces of poplar, alder, ash, or whatever else they happen to have lying around (body wood is not specified for these models), glued together and cut to shape to make the bodies, whereas the USA guitars are typically 1 or 2 piece bodies.

Also as others have stated the hardware and finishes are generally better quality with the US models, too. MIMs are great workhorses, and some of the most solid and durable guitars within their price range, in my experience. But the USA models are built to a higher level of quality with more attention to detail and that's what you pay for when you buy a USA made Fender.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
Some of the cheaper MIM fenders are made with 6-7 small pieces of poplar, alder, ash, or whatever else they happen to have lying around (body wood is not specified for these models), glued together and cut to shape to make the bodies, whereas the USA guitars are typically 1 or 2 piece bodies.

Also as others have stated the hardware and finishes are generally better quality with the US models, too. MIMs are great workhorses, and some of the most solid and durable guitars within their price range, in my experience. But the USA models are built to a higher level of quality with more attention to detail and that's what you pay for when you buy a USA made Fender.

US bodies are usually 2-3 pieces. 1 pc bodies are super rare and would be Custom Shop. many claim to have 1 piece bodies but they aren't.

as others have mentioned it comes down to material and craftsmanship between the 2. a MIM Standard uses ceramic pickups which are cheaper and don't sound as "vintage" as alnico ones. most MIMs have 21 frets , all non vintage reissue US models have 22 frets. the MIMs tend to have a the old style 6 screw trem bridges the US the 2 point one. higher end MIMs tend to be pretty nice guitars and can rival the US made ones.