I am thinking of purchasing a Hagstrom Swede SE. I really like the size overall, a bit bigger bigger than an LP, including the neck radius. However I will most likely install a bigsby and switch out the pickups to better P90s.
I have played a Super Swede Tremar and I definitely liked it, but wasn't totally in love. It does feel slightly plasticy. Not so much that I couldn't live with it..
But my question is, for being a guitar that is under 700 dollars, that is a solid body p90, isn't a fender style, and not so small as an LP or SG, is this the best guitar to get?
I am being picky, I know. And if I had 1000 bucks or more it would be easier. I have no problem doing some work on it to make it more to my liking, and I don't need bells and whistles with the finish or features, but I just wonder if there is another guitar out there that may be slightly more solid feeling in that price range. I know the LP juniors and SG classics are great, but I am a larger guy and just don't want the smaller body and neck radius.
i was going to say one of the gibsons maybe, but if they're too small...

plus it's not just $700, it's $700 plus all those upgrades. i'm not that well up on USA pricing but personally I reckon you could do better (but i haven't tried that particular hagstrom).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 15, 2016,