What techniques and practice methods do you use to improve your string bending technique?
How long per day do you practice your bends?
Last edited by charlestonguitar at Sep 14, 2016,
Quote by charlestonguitar
What techniques and practice methods do you use to improve your string bending technique?
How long per day do you practice your bends?

I would do double-stop bends. If I were you, I would buy a good looper pedal (probably a digitech, boss loopers are crap until you buy the really nice ones, don't get a ditto because they cant save loops) and practice soloing improve for about 30 mins a day, this will build more than just bending skills but it is a good place to start.
i've been playing for a while and i have decent bending technique, but only on certain key frets (basically all of the blues bends). so lately, as warmup, i've been running up scale positions and bending the last note of the scale run into the next note of the scale, progressing up the neck and covering the first two strings.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Learn actual solos from great string benders:

1) Albert King - he's the master - check out his 60's recordings - he is the reference point for bending
2) SRV - again, amazing control and a lot of variety - he borrows heavilly from Albert King as you will see.
3) Satriani -
4) Hendrix -

scales and exercises are ok, but you need musical context and rhythmic context to really master bending - pitch is super important but the rhythm of the bend is as well.