There are multiple Big Muff settings? I thought it was max sustain, unity volume and the tone at the one position that isn't either horrible buzzy noise or entirely indistinct.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
According to Equipboard, Buzz seems to be a fan of the DOD Buzz Box or a ProCo Rat paired with a MXR Blue Box, not so much Big Muffs.

http://equipboard.com/pros/buzz-osborne/#effects-pedals

From an auction on Reverb.com:
"The FX33 Buzz Box was DOD's attempt to emulate the guitar sound of Melvins guitarist/singer King Buzzo (a.k.a. Buzz Osbourne; basically a ProCo Rat distortion driving a vintage MXR Blue Box) in a single pedal. Using the FX69 Grunge circuit in place of a Rat, the FX33 goes far beyond the unpredictability of a Blue Box. Although we have never seen ad copy to corroborate this claim, the FX33 was supposedly marketed with the tagline, "It's not broken, it's supposed to sound like that." The FX33 Buzz Box was released in early 1994 and advertised as early as mid-1994, and serial number data imply it was available until sometime in 1996 (although production of circuit boards may have ceased in 1995)."

So I'm not sure a Big Muff is the way to go.

Is there a particular song that you want to nail?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz
There's not really a song i want to nail in particular , its more or less the sound from the albums Gluey Porch Treatments,Houdini(of course),bullhead and stag
(basically a long list) while maintaing a certain fuzzyness to it (if that makes any sense).
Gosh!
Well, if you can swing it, start here:

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=DOD+buzz+fuzz

Another, newer, pedal that would work is the WMD Geiger Counter. I have the original full power one, but the stripped-down Civilian Issue would do the trick just fine.

https://reverb.com/marketplace/effects-pedals?query=wmd%20geiger%20counter%20civilian%20issue

If neither path appeals, at least add some kind of octave effect to your chain.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

waddabout a octave fuzz :P
(I was thinking about a danelectro french toast octave fuzz when you mentioned a octave effect sooo)

(I feel like a noob)
Gosh!
Last edited by jruiz112202 at Sep 16, 2016,
Octave fuzz would be a good option- look around. I know there are octave up and suboctave fuzes, but I can't recall any that do both. My gut feeling is that a suboctave would be the way to go. I don't know the Dano pedal. The suboctave I own is the Catalinbread Perseus.

https://reverb.com/marketplace/effects-and-pedals?query=catalinbread+perseus&product_type=effects-and-pedals&sort=price%7Casc

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 16, 2016,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I know there are octave up and suboctave fuzes, but I can't recall any that do both.
MXR Sub Machine. That said, I believe it's 1 octave down rather than the Blue Box's 2, so may or may not be appropriate. Fucking good pedal, though. For the price of the Sub Machine, though, you could probably get a Blue Box and something with octave up.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Perhaps an octave fuzz + an octave up distortion like the Malekko Helium MK II?

Or Wren & Cuff Ace octave fuzz plus your big muff?

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 17, 2016,
A buddy of mine uses his Geiger Counter CI in his electronic music guitar rig.