Sup guys,

so I had been looking for a baritone for a while, because I play in some terribly low tunings and don't use the extra range of my 7 enough, really. This guitar came up used close to me for 225 euros and I really couldn't pass up.

Specs
  • 28" scale
  • Mahogany body & set neck
  • Rosewood fretboard
  • 2 humbuckers, on mine, one is stock, the other is a Bare Knuckle Aftermath
  • 2 volume, 2 tone config with coil-taps
  • 22 frets
  • Grover tuners

Quick review
It's actually pretty nice. It took some adjusting to the scale, but it went really quickly for me. The build quality is on par with Epiphone, if not better. The finish is nice and equally applied and the binding is actually spotless. One of the tuning pegs seems to be a bit misaligned, but functions perfectly.

It doesn't weigh as much as you'd think from the looks, which I was surprised by. I was thinking it would be like a Les Paul and maybe even a tad heavier, but it's actually pretty light. It weighs more than one of my superstrats, but my regular Strat weighs just as much. My Tele and Regius are about the same regarding weight as well.

The original pickup in the neck is pretty bland, but it's okay for cleans. The Aftermath is absolutely killer. Really nice sounding pickup and I'd record with this guitar without a hassle. I'd take it out on stage as well for sure too. It's been set up so the strings are almost on the frets, which I'm not a fan of too much, but I guess most people would like it that way.

The bridge on it is super ugly in my opinion, but it's pretty similar to any hardtail in terms of adjustability. When I change the strings, I'm going to look if I can remove the flame looking thing and get it to a barebones bridge, but in any event, I'd say I got a really nice deal.

I'd recommend checking out Michael Kelly if you're looking for a Les Paul style guitar and you don't need it to be a classic reproduction. It could probably do with a pickup swap like mine has, but other than that, it's super solid. The resale on Michael Kelly seems to be really low, so getting one used might be a really viable option if you're looking to upgrade from a starter guitar and want something that's not too expensive.

Pictures

Sweet you need to get a shiney chrome pickup cover for that BK Aftermath

Congrats HNGD
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Nice score. Is that the stock bridge?

Maybe the flame guard comes off
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R

That is indeed the stock bridge. I hope it's a guard, but I'm pretty sure it's actually all one piece. Fuck me.
Quote by I K0nijn I
H4T3BR33D3R

That is indeed the stock bridge. I hope it's a guard, but I'm pretty sure it's actually all one piece. Fuck me.

Damn

Well if it bugs you too much, maybe you can find a replacement bridge
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Doesn't bug me yet, really. I mean, it's not nice looking, but the bridge itself is good and I don't really look at the guitar when I'm playing anyway and I don't hang them out for the view. :P
Quote by I K0nijn I
Doesn't bug me yet, really. I mean, it's not nice looking, but the bridge itself is good and I don't really look at the guitar when I'm playing anyway and I don't hang them out for the view. :P

Yeah. Its not going to affect your playing in any way. Its mostly if you get tired of that cosmetic blunder
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
sweet

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Damn

Well if it bugs you too much, maybe you can find a replacement bridge

or sell it as a minarik for $9000?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet

or sell it as a minarik for $9000?

That was savage Dave. Didn't know you had it in you
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?