Page 1 of 2
One of the most annoying things about men is that they often mistake a girls compliments as a gesture inviting courtship. I'm sure we've all had the experience of the hot girl at work holding the door open for us or saying our shirt or hair looks nice and misinterpreting that as her totally having the hots for you.

Why is that? It's because men in general aren't complimented often. When was the last time someone told you that your haircut looked nice or just something nice about you? I can remember but it's not particularly often from people I'm not romantically involved.

Say something nice to a man today and help a woman out.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
You also read that askreddit thread.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I was bored at work ok

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
So is this like reverse mansplaining where you're being kind to guys in order to help women out in future?

#notallwomen
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by RAB11
So is this like reverse mansplaining where you're being kind to guys in order to help women out in future?

#notallwomen

Yes say nice things to guys so that when a woman is nice to a man it is not automatically assumed she wants to have a lick on his mini milk

Real talk at this stage compliments just make me uncomfortable.

Quote by RAB11
Real talk at this stage compliments just make me uncomfortable.

That is sad good pal

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Yes say nice things to guys so that when a woman is nice to a man it is not automatically assumed she wants to have a lick on his mini milk

And until that attitude takes effect you're gonna have a hell of a lot more sexual harassment in the work place cases.

Instead of making men compliment more, how about we stop women from complimenting so much?
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
Instead of making men compliment more, how about we stop women from complimenting so much?

Ban compliments imo

I'm nice to everyone IRL

I compliment my guy and girl friends clothes, hair, etc all the time, mostly if I notice they're trying something different.

As a guy I don't all too many comments from other hetero guys, but gay guys think I'm a cutie so meh I'll return the favor and treat everyone equally

Edit: yeah I have some friends that are always going through style phases so if I say "nice hair" pretty nonchalantly to one of my Emo friends 9/10 times they'll be like "fuck off" LOL (then I'll have to explain that I'm being serious)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Sep 16, 2016,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'm sure we've all had the experience of the hot girl at work holding the door open for us or saying our shirt or hair looks nice and misinterpreting that as her totally having the hots for you.

Uhh...no. I give them a simple thank you and go on about my day.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I have sort of the opposite problem. I'm too afraid of complimenting a girl because I don't want her to feel like I'm hitting on her because that would make her uncomfortable.
Quote by sashki
I have sort of the opposite problem. I'm too afraid of complimenting a girl because I don't want her to feel like I'm hitting on her because that would make her uncomfortable.

This. I'm also afraid my wife would kill me.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
This. I'm also afraid my wife would kill me.

We had a family day at work a few months ago. Everytime a female coworker said hi

"Who's that?"
"Is she a friend?"
"DO YOU KNOW ELSA!?" (Long story)

I'm sick with an ear infection and have denied myself medication all day as penance, is this good enough lyle-dono
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by RAB11
We had a family day at work a few months ago. Everytime a female coworker said hi

"Who's that?"
"Is she a friend?"
"DO YOU KNOW ELSA!?" (Long story)

This is exactly what I'm talking about. That shit's more terrifying than anything else.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I get hit on by men more than women

#progressive
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by sashki
You and me both, bud. I only compliment girls I know really well and they know I'm not hitting on them. Hell, sometimes I'll word things in ways that could sound like flirting and they know it isn't the case (i.e. if she's dressed nicely and made up for an event or something I'll quip something along the lines of "wow, you're gorgeous, and your dress and makeup are are nice too").
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Igor Stravinsky

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Sep 16, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I get hit on by men more than women

#progressive

Me too bro

Then they'll just think I'm hitting on them and go sexually harass a woman to reaffirm their heterosexuality.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I can never tell when women are hitting on me. I'm not sure more women hitting on me would help this tbh. It's all just "being nice" to me. Until they say something or grab my dick, anyway
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
I can never tell when women are hitting on me. I'm not sure more women hitting on me would help this tbh. It's all just "being nice" to me. Until they say something or grab my dick, anyway

I usually know women are hitting on me cause my cheek stings.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I can never tell when women are hitting on me because all of them do so I have no basis for comparison.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
H4T3BR33D3R
Ba-dum tsss
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Igor Stravinsky

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
H4T3BR33D3R
Ba-dum tsss

Thank you, I'll be here til 5, folks.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I'm gonna be nice to your man today if ya know what I mean
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Why is that? It's because men in general aren't complimented often. When was the last time someone told you that your haircut looked nice or just something nice about you? I can remember but it's not particularly often from people I'm not romantically involved.

Must just be you, I get compliments all the time.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Must just be you, I get compliments all the time.

We arent talking about Gertrude complimenting you on your hip replacement. Thats a different story.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
We arent talking about Gertrude complimenting you on your hip replacement. Thats a different story.

Gertrude is hot, and it's hip action, not hip replacement...
Charles Darwin
Always good to know that you can still thrust like that with plastic

edit: looked up what artificial bones are made of and am now learning things

http://www.engineering.com/3DPrinting/3DPrintingArticles/ArticleID/8134/Using-3D-Bioprinting-for-Artificial-Bones.aspx
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 16, 2016,
Quote by Banjocal
Always good to know that you can still thrust like that with plastic

Surely you're no stranger to thrusting plastic?
Charles Darwin
That thread was hilarious, one of the biggest pity parties I've ever seen
Page 1 of 2