hi, just for bedroom use, which option would sound best?

blackstar HT1 through 2x12 cab (or even 4x12 if I found one cheap)

blackstar HT1, emulated headphones output to pair of active speakers?

thanks
I'd get a cab. I'm not a fan of the emulated headphone out. Active speakers can be really nice and I've grown so used to them that I like to play through active speakers a lot, but I don't think an amp like the HT1 will benefit from the active speaker advantages.

A 112 cab would be fine for bedroom use also, by the way, and probably will get you a higher quality cab than the 212 at the same price point.
Why that head in particular? If this is for bedroom practice, and you're thinking about active speakers, I'd get a POD or some other digital emulator. You'll get a whole bunch of amp models and effects and almost certainly sound better than the HT1. I think a lot of modelers these days through a halfway decent active speaker will sound better than the HT1 which IMO is not a particularly inspiring amp.

HT1 through a 4x12 seems totally pointless to me, especially a cheap one. A decent full size 1x12 is going to sound better than a cheap 4x12 with bargain barrel speakers, especially if you can't get enough volume to drive them all properly.
Quote by rock rocks
hi, just for bedroom use, which option would sound best?

blackstar HT1 through 2x12 cab (or even 4x12 if I found one cheap)

blackstar HT1, emulated headphones output to pair of active speakers?

thanks

You want a cabinet.

You can put drinks and lamps on it, let cats pee on it (and use it as a scratch post), frighten your neighbors with it ("Henry, what if he ever turned that thing all the way up?"), lose random cash and picks behind it, breed cockroaches inside it, dust it, vacuum its grill cloth occasionally and pretend you get great tone from it. You can listen to your wife, girlfriend or mom bitch about it and you can ruin the walls when you try to move it. And with a one-watt amp, you can tell everyone that you slam one entire quarter of a watt through each and every speaker in it. And that it sounds...um...YUUUUUUUGE.

I know I have friends who do.

They even let their daughters store their highly delicate glass figurines in on the "shelves" of the sectoral horn.

Beware of flying shrapnel, of course.
Last edited by dspellman at Sep 16, 2016,