Yeah,sweep picking, I jsut got an electric guitar and tried to learn this technique.But i cant seem to understand how to do it. I try to sweep th strings but my left hand just stuck and i can't continue.Can you give me some tips that helped you to dominate this technique?
Quote by frecebutmito
Yeah,sweep picking, I jsut got an electric guitar and tried to learn this technique.But i cant seem to understand how to do it. I try to sweep th strings but my left hand just stuck and i can't continue.Can you give me some tips that helped you to dominate this technique?

Try playing Afterlife sweeps very slow. I couldnt play at all first but it took me months of practicing the movement slow and then increasing the speed to finally get the hang of the movement. Don't stress yourself, it's a long process.
It really depends on how long you've been playing. If you've literally just started playing the guitar then this is something you'll have to shelve for a while and come back to at a later date - it's not a beginner technique by any stretch of the imagination.

However if you're a relatively experienced player then it's all case of practice. Start slow and focus on keeping the fretting hand at a constant speed whilst fretting the notes in sync and keeping the noise down by muting with the free fingers.

Again, experience is key here - if you've been playing a year or two then that advice should be something you can work with. If you've been playing a month then it'll be pretty meaningless to you. Guitar isn't something you can do by force of will, for anything beyond the pure basics you already need a decent grounding in other techniques before you can start learning something else...it's like a house, you can't build the walls unless you have a strong foundation in place first.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com