damn. nice wood. haha. craftsmanship looks top notch as well.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I love the fretboard you have going on the second guitar. Most guitars I've seen have plain boring fretboards and here you are with a wildly patterned one. Spot on man!
Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
Damn, that quilted maple is insane. What's the top wood of the 3rd guitar?

Quote by kabadi.man
I usually wait till my build is done before posting a build thread documenting it cuz I prefer working stuff out on my own rather than being told, but I think this time I'll post progress while I build

Same here, but I wait to make a thread so I don't end up having a half-finished thread. Still working on that little mini tube amp though. Haven't messed with it since I'm always working though, but I'll finish it up soon enough.
Concerning the quilt top guitar, why did you choose to rout out a recess for the TOM bridge instead of setting the neck at an angle like what is usually done? Simply because its easier to build the guitar that way?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Invader JimDamn, that quilted maple is insane. What's the top wood of the 3rd guitar?
The third one is redwood burl. It should be really awesome with a finish.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Concerning the quilt top guitar, why did you choose to rout out a recess for the TOM bridge instead of setting the neck at an angle like what is usually done? Simply because its easier to build the guitar that way?

No, not because it is easier. I have been doing recessed TOM bridges for a while now. The other 2 will be recessed as well. I started doing it that way because people seem to only like the feel of a hardtail bridge these days, and with no neck angle and a recessed bridge, you can sort of mimic that feel.
Explorerbuilder Thanks for the answer. I presume you give your customer the option to set the neck at an angle and not recess the bridge if they so choose?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend